Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS deducting at inovice & payment

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have raised vendor inovice with FB60 and deducted TDS.

Now i am making payment with F-53 and system is again asking me to deduct TDS.

I have already deducted TDS.

We have done this kind of payments before deducting TDS at inovice only.

I do not understand what can be a problem.

Please help me.

Regards,

Pritam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The reason is wrong maintenance of the vendor master. You should not maintain values under tab "W Tax Code" in the vendor master incase of DP Witholding tax types.

I mean to say that W Tax Codes should be maintained only for IV WTT and for DP it should be blank.

Please correct the vendor master.

Second step is to correct the document, since it has captured those codes. Come to transaction FB02. Double click on vendor line item - witholding tax data. Put selection date as today's date. Against all the blank tabs of amount, put 0.00 and save the document.

After that try to make payment and you should not face the error

regards

Parag Bhargava

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Here DP means Down payment right??

But this is not DP case.

I did invoice with MIRO - deducted TDS and try to make the payment with F-53. Here system asks me again for TDS.

I have given invoice and payment WTT and i did this kind of payments before.

That's the reason i am unable to understand the problem.

Regards,

Pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Although DP codes (Down payment codes) are used in F-48 etc, but incase the Witholding tax codes are mentioned in the vendor master against the DP WTT, the transaction F-53 and F-58 pick them up. This is the reason you might be getting the error. Please check your vendor master and remove the Witholding tax Codes against the DP WTT

regards

Parag Bhargava

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

I checked my vendor master.

I have 2 WT types and 2 WT codes. 1. for invoice 2. for payment

I do not have DP WTT defined.

Now procedure we follow is:

if i deduct TDS at the time of invoice, system should not ask me at the time of payment.

If i do not deduct TDS in invoice, system deducts at the time of payment.

But now system is asking me for TDS both the times.

I have selected central invoice prob option for WTT.

Please guide me

Regards,

Pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritam

Please check your vendor master that against the WTT of "Payment", you have not filled the Witholding tax code. The witholding code field should be blank against the WTT of payment.

After removing the WTax code against the WTT of payment, you follow the FB02 procedure that wrote in the first post.

regards

Parag Bhargava

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritam,

Like i told you in my earlier reply, You need to REMOVE Withholding Tax Type of Payment posting from the vendor master data.

By doing so, the system will STOP calculating TDS at the time of payment or downpayment, whichever be the case.

Regards,

Amit Maniar

former_member256837
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag, Hi Amit,

Thanks for reply!!

What you are saying is true.

But till now i was following this procedure.

At the time of invoice, i have a option to let TDS deduct or not. If i do not want, i remove WT codes in invoice. If i want system to deduct here, i select inovice WT code.

And at the time of payment, system understands this and does not ask me for TDS if i already paid in invoice.

System was recognising this before correctly.

But i do not know what happened, system is asking me for TDS both times. Is there any customization changed or what??

But now i will follow as you both say, This is manual solution. But can understands from invoice and we were doing this before.

If sometime later you know the reason for this, please let me know.

Thanks

Regards,

Pritam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritam,

What Parag is saying is right. Check your Vendor Master Data and I am sure under the withholding tax tab, you must have entered Withholding Tax Type of Invoice Posting as well as for Payment Posting.

You need to REMOVE Withholding Tax Type of Payment posting from the vendor master data. Hope this helps else do let me know.

Regards,

Amit Maniar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can make wht amount modifiable by user in customization.While defining wht type wtax base manual- this will aloow you to enter manually on which you want to deduct wht. Also tick manual wtax amount this will allow you to enter wht amount maually.

Warm regards