cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative Account number in G/L Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me the importance of alternative account no. in G/L Master Data.

Thanks in Advance

kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you are maintaining operative chart of account and country chart of account you have to map one to one account for these. In company code level data of operative chart of account you link both chart of account.

Warm Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Milind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MILIND,

I have a problem here, i used alternative acc number field for a legacy system, thing is, when i try to transport GL Master Data (BD18) an error message appears (FH022) saying alternative acc number has not been created. OBA5 to change Error to Warning but still the same message (FH701) that altern acc number must be create to transport GL Master Data. Any advice?

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is account number from your legacy system or

the account number from a country chart of accounts if your corporate group uses a standard chart of accounts.

The alternative account number is only issued in the financial statement if you explicitly assign it to the relevant items in the financial statement version.

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The alternative account number field in the company code area is freely definable. You could use it to enter:

1. the account number from your legacy system or

2. the account number from a country chart of accounts if your corporate group uses a standard chart of accounts.

The alternative account number is only issued in the financial statement if you explicitly assign it to the relevant items in the financial statement version.

Regards,

Jigar