Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC in Background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have developed program using OPEN,CLOSE,READ DATASET which takes file from application server and transfer data to internal table running successfully in foreground and background .......

But when i m trying to access file which is on my PC desktop....i m getting error file can not be open............

So,Please let me know how to access file from desktop and run it in background ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

One can access data in background mode when data is present in Application server...

One can access data in foreground mode when data is present in Application server and Presentation server...

Accordingly upload the data from either of the servers..

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"access file from desktop and run it in background "

is not possible, you have to use DATASET's only

Regards

MD

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Jorge Hernandez Olalla wrote

you need to do your R&D here>>

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The case in which file on frontend PC in that case OPEN,CLOSE,READ DATASET would not worked.

Use Gui_upload in that case"it will not work in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

read dataset,open dataset can be used to access file on the application server.

in order to access file which is on your desktop you have to use simple function modules like gui_upload or ws_upload and not read dataset and open dataset.

because in using read dataset and open dataset you mention the path of some other application server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use GUI_UPLOAD FM to run the bdc from presentation server file.

By sai...

Former Member
0 Kudos

One can access data in background mode when data is present in Application server...

One can access data in foreground mode when data is present in Application server and Presentation server...

Accordingly upload the data from either of the servers..