Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard process for PO creation from Bid Invitation or Bid

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I would like to know what is the standard process to create local Purchase Order (i mean in a extended classic scenario) from Bid Invitation or Quotation.

In the current process, Bid Invitation are created form Shopping Cart using Sourcing Cockpit. Then, Purchaser will send its Bid to supplier (by publishing Bid Invitation) using BBP_BID_INV transaction.

Then, supplier will submit its Bid.

At this step, what it is the standard process (does it exist ?) to create a Purchase Order linked to this Bid ?

The need is to have a PO as follow-on document to Bid.

Thank you to clarify this point.

Regards.

Laurent Burtaire.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In SPRO in define transaction types select the object BUS2200 and click on transaction types. Then select your transaction type, normally 'BID' and select details button. Under process control in detail screen, you can select both purchase order and contract or any one of them.

regards

Muthu

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Muthuraman for your contribution.

Now, i would like to know how do i process in a transactional way to create PO...

Where in BBP_BID_INV transaction can i create the PO ?

Waiting for any help.

Regards.

Laurent.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Once you accepted the bid from the supplier . The PO or Contract will be created .

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer the below thread. The necessary steps are provided:

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the bids are submitted and when the bid invitation opening date arrives, there will be a map for you to compare the bids received.

To see this map, go to BBP_BID_INV transaction and the map will be there when you search your document.

When you click on this map, you will find one column for each of the companies that sent quotations.

You can click on the company's name and then you need to click on button 'Accept', in order to accept the company's quotation.

Then you click on 'Refresh'.

Then you click on 'Create Purchase Order' or 'Create Contract'.

In order for that to happen, you must have defined number ranges and document types for bid invitation, quotation and purchase order.

Let me know if it helped.

Regards,

Henrique

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Henrique,

Thank you for your help. I noticed our transaction to process Bid Invitation is a specific one. Maybe that's why we do not have dedicated buttons to create PO or Contract.

I need to check more precisely.

Kathirvel, your hyper-link launches a page without any link to a thread: i suppose URL address is not correct.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right the URL had a "c" at the end. Please find the correct URL below:

Regards

Kathirvel

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thank you for your support.

Issue was due to BAdI BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI: some checks were done on concerned fields for Quotations...

Regards.

Laurent.