cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of partner function && and $1 in PO output determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have setup a message type for sending PO's to vendor by email.

I use medium '5 - external send' in the output message record.

During PO output, the system takes the email address of the PO wich is defaulted from vendor master record.

Now our end users want to send the PO's first to their email address instead of directly to the vendor.

I thougth to achieve this via partner function && or $1 (created by). I thougth the system will take the email address of the userID that created the PO and send the PO to him.

But unfortunately it does not work. When I specify the partner function, system complains that the partner does not exist and no email is generated.

Can somebody help me ?

Thanks a lot !!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to mention the vendors mail id in vendor master record/ down load in a pdf form 7 send through external mail id.

first check ur print settings it is either 1 print output 2 external send....

pandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I still don't know how I can mail the PO first to me without changing the vendor's email address.

Does anyone have experience with the partner function && and $1 in output determination ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Oscar_DC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have the EXACT same question, I'm trying to achieve the same behavior using output determination but I haven't been able to use any business partner to achieve that. Any inputs would be appreciated.

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The user must be getting the copy of the mail in their sent item folder .They can get the same there.I think to achieve your requirement you need to put the user mail id in each vendor master record instead of the vendors email id .But this is not advisable .

Dhruba