cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail groups in ICWC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

An end-user of my company asked me whether it is possible to send out e-mails to a mail group (like in e.g. Lotus Notes) in the ICWC. The purpose is to enter one contact (e.g a certain department), and this mail should be sent to all members of this contact.

I checked customizing for this, but I could not find anything related to this.

I also tried entering multiple e-mail addresses for a contact person, but there you have to select one standard address. This results in only one e-mail address when choosing a contact in the mail editor in ICWC.

Do you have any idea whether this is possible? And how I should do this?

Regards,

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use exchange and the admin can create a group in exchange i.e. ITGROUP'at'abc.com where everyone in IT belongs to that DL. So emailing it from ICWC or any external email should reach everyone in that DL.

SDN does not want real email addresses in a message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx for the info.

I tried to send a mail to an existing group (defined in Lotus Notes), but it didn't get through. I checked SOST, telling me that the recipient address is invalid (this is because the group has a code name, which is not recognized as a mail address).

I also think that only real mail-addresses or the name of contact persons (with a mail address in the customer master) can be entered in the to-field in the ICWC e-mail editor. Am I wrong here?

regards

Mathias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx for the info.

I tried to send a mail to an existing group (defined in Lotus Notes), but it didn't get through. I checked SOST, telling me that the recipient address is invalid (this is because the group has a code name, which is not recognized as a mail address).

I also think that only real mail-addresses or the name of contact persons (with a mail address in the customer master) can be entered in the to-field in the ICWC e-mail editor. Am I wrong here?

regards

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you need to do is to create an email which can be used as the email for the Distribution List.

The lotus administrator will make the settings for this mail id so that the mails coming to ID will be forwarded to all the people you want the mails to go to.

from ICWC you can then sent the mail to this email ID and the mail will get distributed.

Hope its clear. Please ask for more calrification if needed.

Regards,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your explanation was very clear. However, we do not have a Notes-integration at the moment. Mails we are sending out in the ICWC go straight to the contact persons from SAP.

So, my question remains, can we customize anything in order to mail to more than one person, while just entering one contact in ICWC?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand correctly, I think this can be worked out without Notes Integration with CRM.

What you need is an email ID in Lotus Notes which acts like Distribution List Email. It simply forwards the incoming mail to the people listed in the list. In this list have all the people to whom the mail has to be send.

Now once you send the mail from ICWC using the Email ID, the mail will travel through normal SMTP as if a normal mail is going to one email id. The Email Id once receives the mail will distribute to all which are part of the forwarding list.

This will work even if the mail is send to that particular Notes Email Id from Gmail, Hotmail, etc. and hence should work with ICWC mail.

Hope it clarifies and works.

Regards,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your explanation, it is clear to me that creating a forwarding mail-id in Notes could be the solution. However, this will create a lot of workload: first to create all forwarding IDs in Notes, but also to maintain them. Each time a new contact person is created or maintained, the forwarding ID should be updated.

So, I am still wondering whether it is possible to create a mail group/distribution list per customer in SAP which contains the addresses of the linked contact persons.

thanks in advance,

regards,

Mathias