Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HI:TRACE USER LOGIN AT VPN CONNECTION LEVEL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i am in sap security side and i would like have some information from gurus.

do we have any option in sap where we can find out user by his vpn login.

for example now in sap by using sm20 we can find from which terminal and which user has been used and which transaction has been executed.

kindly help me by giving suggestion.

advance thanks.

ANil pandit

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 22, 2008 12:01 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> do we have any option in sap where we can find out user by his vpn login.

I think you'll need to have some single sign on solution for that. Otherwise you'll never have an absolute link between vpn userid and sap userid.

To me the requirement sounds like having a room full of people and wanting to know through which door each one entered the building without being able to ask them.....

3 REPLIES 3

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> do we have any option in sap where we can find out user by his vpn login.

I think you'll need to have some single sign on solution for that. Otherwise you'll never have an absolute link between vpn userid and sap userid.

To me the requirement sounds like having a room full of people and wanting to know through which door each one entered the building without being able to ask them.....

former_member248712
Active Participant
0 Kudos

do we have any option in sap where we can find out user by his vpn login.

Just curious to know, why would an SAP Sec Admin be interested in this kind of data.

AB.

0 Kudos

> Just curious to know, why would an SAP Sec Admin be interested in this kind of data.

I suspect they're trying to find out if SAP userids are shared between multiple vpn users.