cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Multiple Queries in a Web Template but displaying only one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 5 queries in my Web Template, using WAD 7.0. I want to show just one query in the output and hide the others.

How do i hide the query is my question.

I can use push-button or radio-button, thats not a problem. And also, when i change my selection, i should see another query and the one being displayed should be hidden.

I am using the same Web Template, but want to change the query.

Can someone guide me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the info. I had been trying the same thing, but im not able to HIDE the query.

I am able to SET the query, but at the same time i have to HIDE the other query. I was trying it thru PUSHBUTTON, where i have 2 buttons and 2 queries. One query i can HIDE, in the properties itself, but then it stays HIDDEN always. Even if i SET it thru the command i am not able to see it.

There is no option for HIDING a web item. I guess some coding with Java Script is required but dont know if i will achieve what i want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

No, you need not do any java scripting for this. The command is enough to take care of your situation.

Perhaps an example can help you. Suppose you have Query1 & Query2, and Button1 and Button 2.

For Query1, through the item properties, set Visiblility=Visible, for Query2, set Visibility=Hidden.

This will take care of your initial situation.

Now, take button1, assign the command 'Set webitem properties'. In the command settings, set item binding=query1, and then in the next page of command settings set visibility=hidden. Now, click the button -Next COmmand-> Insert -assign the command 'set webitem properties' once again. Here, select the item binding as query2, then in the command settings, set visibilty=visible. What you have done now is assigning 2 commands to the same button, both getting trigerred with a single click.

Now, this command setting will take care of making query1 hidden and query 2 visible.

Similarly, do the settings for the button 2, with query1=visible and query2=hidden.

Now, the result will be that on clicking button1 and button2, you can toggle between your queries.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Neethu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, make sure that you are not selection "Visible[default]" or "Hidden [default]" options while configuring the command. If you do so, you will not get the desired results. Instead, use "Visible [Visible]" and "Hidden [Hidden]" only..

Edited by: Neethu Mathew M on Sep 22, 2008 1:47 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fantastic. It works. I was on the right track but cudn just complete it, but u have solved this for me.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You can assign each of the queries to 5 different analysis items. Initially, make one of the items visible and make others hidden.

Use a button item and assign the 'Set Web Item Parameters' command to this item. You will need to add the same command 5 times to deal with each of these items. Configure the command in such a way that it will make only one item visible and the others hidden.

Hope this helps....