cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User exit for storage location determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

A new storage location is to be created for one of the plants. Currently in the existing sales process the current storage location is being determined with the help of user exit (MV45AFZB0). (Item is not relevant for picking)

Also all the material master records will be extended to the new storage location.

Now with the existing user exit in place the system will not determine the new storage location. *Now my question is can I determine the new storage location by making any change in the user exit?* There no change in the process or master data

Thanks

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear GSL,

Can you send me to that Exit coding to my immediate understanding.

Thanks

raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to use a combination for triggering the storage location. As per this combination create a zee table wherein you will be entering the data for storage location determination (similar to the configuration which we do for picking location determination in LE). In the exit, write a select query to pick up the storage location for the combination. This way you will be taking care of future requirements as no storage locations are hard coded in the exit and they are being retrieved from the zee table.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depends on the select query which is being used in the exit. If the select query is fetching data from a zee table in which the storage location determination data is stored then you need to add the new storage location relevant data in the zee table. In this case there is no need to change the code in the exit.

If the entire code is present in the user exit including the hard coded storage locations then you need to change the code.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GSL,

I will explain the situation to you. We have a plant 8502 for Spare Parts. Now domestic sales process is done from storage location SAPA and export from SAEA.

Now 2 new storage locations are to be created one for domestic and one for export.

Now in the current process for the sales document types for this process its is hardcoded that for this doc type the storage loc will be SAPA and for export SAEA.

What should I do to so that system also take the new storage location?