Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport of application table & data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need to transport an application table and I'm getting error:

"Fill table key for table XXX only up to position 003 only".

What does it mean?

Is there a problem the table contains data?

I need to transport table including all data from it. Is there any way how to achieve it?

The table is cross client.

Thanks,

Olian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi....

We can use this procedure to transport table entries...,

Create a TR in SE01.=>Display TR=> Place the cursor on the TR=> menu=>Request/task=>Object list=>display object list=>change=>Add new rows=>

Here give program ID as R3TR, objects as TABU and object name as ur table name. Press enter. U may get a message. Just close it and double click on the table name. In the Next screen press insert icon. Here u can specify the Key(Table key values) If u want to transport specific entries.

If u want all entries to be transported then simply give * and save the TR. Now if release this TR it will transport all table contents to the higher system.

Thanks,

Naveen.I

5 REPLIES 5

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi....

We can use this procedure to transport table entries...,

Create a TR in SE01.=>Display TR=> Place the cursor on the TR=> menu=>Request/task=>Object list=>display object list=>change=>Add new rows=>

Here give program ID as R3TR, objects as TABU and object name as ur table name. Press enter. U may get a message. Just close it and double click on the table name. In the Next screen press insert icon. Here u can specify the Key(Table key values) If u want to transport specific entries.

If u want all entries to be transported then simply give * and save the TR. Now if release this TR it will transport all table contents to the higher system.

Thanks,

Naveen.I

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but my current situation is that I have data in a not trensported table. So what should I do now?

Do I need to transport table first and then the data?

Is there any other way? I don't want to delete them... there are many many entries and it would take me 2 days to insert them into a new client/system.

Thank you,

Olian

0 Kudos

Hi Olian,

For Transporting table entries in Application table, follow this way which is quick and easy

1)Create a workbench request

2)In the transport request add an entry

R3TR - TABU - <tablename>

3)chose program id R3TR then object type TABU and also the right table name. Then click on Key

and put * (star) in the next screen so that all the data in the table has been selected and SAVE .

so that the table entries are included in the request

Now this transport will move the data to the target system

Cheers,

Kothand

0 Kudos

> Do I need to transport table first and then the data?

You can transport both within the same transport. Insert the table keys as Naveen has described.

Thomas

0 Kudos

hi..

how can we create an entry in the work bench req that is created using se 01.

am not able to understad.

can you plese explain the same