cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

security connection provided by SAP XI for FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In many implementations Business requirement is to security connection provided by SAP XI for FTP and to third-party system.

Could you pls let me know the steps which i need to take care/ or shall i use the same File adaptor for this or any special adaptor i need to use.

Pls give me some points how we can implement and give me some links to get the information please.

GnuPG is a free tool for secure communication based on public keys how i can i use this in SAP XI

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can we use GnuPG is a free tool for secure communication based on public keys software in XI?

If we use FTPS (FTP Using SSL/TLS) for Control Connection or FTPS (FTP Using SSL/TLS) for Control and Data Connection

what i need to configure XI in file adaptor please share some blogs links which we will help me to implement.

Thanks,

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There aint any blog on this topic and I was planning to post one sometime soon. One of my colleagues has been pushing me on it.

From XI perspective all you need to do is the standard steps I have pointed above.

XI by default supports FTPS. Just select Connection Security as FTPS with the correspodning options.

At a high level the above steps in my first reply are all you would need to do.

It makes no sense to use a external tool when XI supports it by default.

Regards

Bhavesh

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also keep in mind that GPG is designed for a different use case than FTPS. GPG is used to encrypt files; FTPS uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to establish an encrypted connection between two TCP/IP ports (i.e. two sockets)...

If you encrypt a file on XI using GPG, then you still need to transfer it to the other system. You can do this via plain FTP (since the file is already encrypted), or FTPS (why not?). If you use FTPS, you don't need to encrypt the files transferred from XI to the other system, since the transport channel is secure.

If you really really want to implement GPG/PGP (same thing, different licence), then you can always look into Java libraries like bouncycastle and write an adapter module...

Hope this helps to provide some context.

Sascha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Links

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI by Default supports FTPS ( FTP over SSL ).

If you partner needs FTPS,

1. You will need to enable SSL on XI on the J2EE engine.

2. Load the partner's Public Certficate in the TrustedCAs view in the Keystore of XI.

For more info on how to enable SSL on XI, search on SDN for the how to guide from SAP on this.

Regards

Bhavesh