cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to differ access of a role based on user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

As my scenario, There are two portal users like manager and employee. Both user have same role like example "home page". When they are entering into the portal, same role have to show two different contents, based on the user. How can i achieve this ? Is there any standard option in the portal to achieve this. Please help me reagarding this. Iam using EP 7.0 SP 15.

Regards

Prakash T

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to do this way,

Create a group role where manager and employee are there, In turn for each role give the worksets with repscpective contetnt.

I mean group the manager role and employee role under single role (group) as USER or any name then for each role try to define the content.

And give access to this group with and subrole for manager or employee user.

Try doing this way as I haven't tried this earlier.

Regards

Lekha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

A simple solution would be to make a copy of the role.

Assign what ever you want to, to your manager and the enduser accordingly.

EX : If role A is assigned to Manager and User

make a copy of A as B

Initially, if the role A has iview1 , iview2, iview3, iview4,iview5 and you want only iview3 to be shown to your user then assign the role B to the user and delete the rest of the iviews

Good Luck

Sandeep Tudumu

Edited by: Sandeep Tudumu on Sep 22, 2008 2:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Prakash..

You can create 2 roles with same name (Home_Page) but Different id's (hp1&hp2)so that there is always a differentiation between them..

1.Now for these roles hp1 and hp2 assign different iviews asd per the content which should be visible to them....

And

2.Assign role hp1 to groupG1 and role hp2 to group G2)..

where

G1: contains user id's of managers.

G2:contains user id's of employees.

Hope it helps..

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

You have to setup roles with mergeID. Below is the sample setup which we use for our portal with merge ID.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/53/89503ede925441e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Note that I only use merge ID on the top level navigation with the name of the role identical but with a different ID. I will use your situation stated above as example setup below.

Home (Role set with Entry Point and MergeID "Home". Role ID is Home_Mgr)

Home Mgr (Workset)

Home Mgr (Page)

Home Mgr (Iviews)

Home (Role set with Entry Point with MergeID "Home".Role ID is Home_Emp)

Home Emp (Workset)

Home Emp (Page)

Home Emp (Iviews)

*Note that the Workset, Page and Iviews setup above is up to your preference. Mgr=Manager view, Emp=Employee view.

The result of mergeID is that you will get (if a user has been assigned with the 2 above roles) to see only one common tab on the top level navigation (TLN)... for this case "Home".

If a user have 2 roles, then he will see Home as the TLN and "Home Mgr" and "Home Emp" as second lvl navigation.

If only 1 role is assign, then he/she will see Home as TLN and either "Home Mgr" or "Home Emp"(depending on which role you give).

This approach help you to manage your Navigations, largely your TLN (so your user do not have too many tabs on the TLN) and also possibly your second lvl navigation as well (via mergeID on workset).

Hope that help and award points for useful suggestions.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have achieved my scenario by using the content filtering concept. I got the solution by using these links,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3367e690-0201-0010-d285-c69bd884...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/17968de1-0a01-0010-1f9f-c090fbc7...

And also i refered the SAP techEd 2005 Advanced Portal Operations Maintenance ( UP250 )part document.

Thank you.

Regards

Prakash T