cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indicator in Database scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing one Idoc to JDBC scenario. Scenario is like this : I have to collect the idocs from source and delete the existing data in target and insert new data. Before this delete and insert I have to check one indicator in database. If the indicator is u201CYESu201D then only I have to delete and insert the data in to database otherwise I have to wait for that indicator should turn to u201CYESu201D. Can you please let me know your suggestions.

By using BPM I have collected all the idocs and able to delete and insert the data but now the problem is Indicator. How can I incorporate this indicator scenario?

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

before the delete statement in the BPM, make a synchronous Select that will check for this indicator.

A switch will work on the response of this Synch Select and then do the needful it the Indicator is YES.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your quick reply. In my receiver structure i have made two statements one for Delete and another for Insert. I have designed the BPM as follows

1. Block

2. Fork(2 branches for two different type of idocs collecting)

3. Loop(Two loops for two Branches)

a. Receive

b. Container Operator(Assign)

c. Container Operator(Append)

4. Fork(Two Branches)

5. Transformation

6. Send

Can you please explain me indetail how can i acchieve this scenario. Where i have to keep this Sync select.

Thanks & Regards,

Purushotham

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Between step 3 and step 4 , you will have a Block with a Send Synch Step for Select. And then you will move your step 4 , 5 and 6 within the corresponding path of the switch statment.

For info on how to use the Synchronous Select with JDBC adapters, refer to my blog " JDBC Receiver Adapter, Synchronous Select - Step by Step "

Regards

Bhavesh