cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restriction of Material at GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please tell me if we can restrict the material at GR only.I.e except 101 movement type all other movements of materials should be allowed.

That is 301,311,313,315 etc. shold be allowed.

Even if old POs are there the system should not allow to do new GR.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you want to block a material in a plant, In material master - purchasing view - in PLANT SP.MATL. STATUS - enter 01 (Blocked for procment/whse). This implies:

Plant-Specific Material Status

Indicates whether, for a specific plant, the material may be used in the following areas:

o Materials management (for example, in purchasing and in inventory management)

o Production planning and control

o Plant maintenance

o Warehouse management

o Costing with a quantity structure

Use

The plant-specific material status restricts the usability of the material for the plant concerned, that is, it defines whether a warning or error message is displayed if you include the material in a particular function.

Example

The material may be a part under development or one to be discontinued.

Try this,

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can block all the line items in POs for this particular material which will restrict from GR

And if u don't want that material in a particular plant, U can put the material flag for deletion in that plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not understand ur question, but one thing u want to ristrict the GR only,for this u consult with ur abaper. and it is possible with exist. develop the exixt when ever they are trying to make a GR system automatically issue a pop up screen

regards

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santhosh,

could you explain more detaily

Bhima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bhima,

The scenario is as follows.

I have several Purchase Orders for Materila X, however now this material has become obselete. But I may use it in any other plant but not in mumbai.

Now I want system to restrict the user to purchase the material i.e. he should not be able to do gr for the material X.

But if he wants to transfer it to some other location then he should be able to do so.

I think this may help you to understand the issue.

Regards,

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do a little workaround for this.Choose all POs related to this material and in the delivery tab of these item put Latest GR date (a past date for which your posting period is not open)

Than in OMCQ put the Message No.M7163 as Error.If possible assign this message to the particular user.This will prevent further GR on these POs.

Dhruba