cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide the one column in the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I want to hide the one column in the table(in web intelligence), but i don't want to remove that column. Just i want to hide. I put the width vaule 0, still it is some what appearing.

Any idea!!!!!!!!

Plz help

Thanks lot,

Regards,

-B-

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no option to do that except the width 0

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i put width 0, in the pdf format it will give correct apperance but in the excel that column also diaplying.

Thanks lot,

Regards,

-B-

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you are right,,

but there is no option to hide it

you can make it variable and remove it from the block and keep the formula as a variable.

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amr,

The reason i put the column in table, eventhough the user is not going to see that column. If i not add the column in the table means, the table is not displaying all the combination of data. It is simply ignores the duplicate rows.But i want all the information.

I sent the detail email regarding this to your mail. Plz check and guide me.

Thanks lot,

Regards,

-B-

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi there

now i got your problem

the only way to solve this issue to make a new column in the universe with the QTY

and DONT make it a measure, make it a nomral dimension

coz when you make it a measure it will give you the summtion of the data

there is no solution to make the measure ignore the aggregations over some dimenstion

the aggregations will be done over any group of dimensions.

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done this before using simple formatting to visually hide the column (note, it is still there, you just can't see it). Make the column you want to hide width 0.This will default to width 0.11 so you still see a thin cloumn.

Assuming the column you want to hide is the first one highlight this column and select borders and remove the right hand border. Now select the second column and remove the left hand border. You can do this for the column headings as well and the two columns appear to merge into one.

As a final format you can set the horizontal padding from the default 0.05 to 0.00 to morve the text slightly to the left, giving a better left justified appearance

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.Let me try.

Thanks lot,

Regards,

-B-

amrsalem1983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

give this a try

there is an option you should try

click the block on the WebI, the Block itself.

and find its properties, under "Display", you will find

"Avoid Duplicate row Aggregations"

in the query it self you should flag "Retrieve Duplicated Rows"

i think this will work fine with you

good luck

Amr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amr,

Thank you once again. I tried that as well, bt my case it is not giving the correct result. If i select all the fields in the item table and fact table to reports it will display the correct result.if i select the particular field say item_code , from, to and qty then it is giving the distinct value only.

I think the query itself bringing distinct rows to webintelligence. Bt the same queryis giving the correct result in the database,when i excecuting the directly.

If i change the universe parameter(distinct to group by) is it work fine?, because now i am in production environment. it is difficult for me to touch the universe. if i chage the parameters it will correct values means please tell me. I will change the universe parameter.

Thanks lot,

Regards,

-B-