cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate table rows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a table in my web dynpro application.

At the click of a button , a functional module is executed and table is filled with output node data.

Now the problem is, the records in the table gets duplicated when the button is clicked again after the first execution. For example, on the 1st click, 2 records are displayed, on 2nd click, those two records get duplicated in the table.

I have tried invalidating output node and also tried removing the elements from output node but still facing the issue.

Please help!!!!

Regards,

Vidit

Edited by: Vidit on Sep 22, 2008 9:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidit,

Inside the Action binded to the button first invalidate the node which is used as datasource for the table.

The records are getting duplicated because it is not invalidated.

Regards,

Swati

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was with rfc cache and not with model node refresh. So i m closing this thread.

Thanks for all your help !

Regards,

Vidit

Edited by: Vidit on Sep 23, 2008 12:03 PM

Edited by: Vidit on Sep 23, 2008 3:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks swati !

You solved my problem.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidit,

At the click of a button , a functional module is executed and table is filled with output node data.

After functional module is executed clear the node in which you are sending the input data.

e.g. For model nodes this works.

try {
wdContext.current<yourBAPI>_InputElement().modelObject().get<yourinputnode>().clear();
	}
	catch (Exception e1) {
	}

e.g. For value nodes, simply invalidate() works.

wdContext.node<node>().invalidate();

Regards,

Siva

Edited by: Siva Rama Krushna on Sep 23, 2008 6:26 PM

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidit,

Have you tested the RFC 1st?

May be it is the RFC which is returning duplicate records.

Or else, invalidating output node should work from Webdybpro front.

-Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I have checked and there is no problem with rfc. I also beleive that invalidate should work, but don't know why its not working.

I am facing same problem in my four applications, whereas some applications are working fine.

can there be some other solution also ?

Regards,

Vidit K Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidit,

Just cross check once that you are invalidating the output node within your input node. There would also be a similar structure for output node outside. If you are invalidating the output node within the input node then this should definitely work.

Regards,

Murtuza Kharodawala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

I doing just the same.

One thing may be worth mentioning is that i have checked the node size on each button click and , I can see that its remain same (2 records) for all clicks. therefore ,invalidation of node is working.

But surprisingly rows in the table keeps on duplicating. hows that possible ? is there any problem of cache with table control ?

Regards,

Vidit