cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"QUERY Execution error " while deploying the model.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I use the DB tables directly. I dragged the db table on to the story board and used BI integration wizard to initially get all the values from that table. Now i want the table to take dynamic values form the input form. For this i have used the SQl statement from the input field.

Ex: input form: X and Y. The table will take two values.

The sql statement : "Select * from Table name where FieldX = ' " & @X & " ' " AND FieldY = ' " & @Y & " ' " "

When i deploy this i get a error "QUERY EXECUTION ERROR"

But when i map the Input fields directly to the corresponding values i get the output.

Please can any one help.

Regards

Tekumalla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for me your statement should be :

Select * from Table name where FieldX = ' " & @X & " ' AND FieldY = ' " & @Y & " '

you have a " to be deleted before AND FiedlY.

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry! i didnt go through your solution properply. Now i understood my mistake. I will correct it and i hope it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It didn't work.:-(

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

then try : Select * from Table name where FieldX = '&@X&' AND FieldY = '&@Y&'

without spaces between & and @ and without the "

I would also test without " and without ' :

Select * from Table name where FieldX = &@X& AND FieldY = &@Y&

by the way, are you sure that there is two & ? Not just one before @?

Sorry for those "experimental" solutions, I do not have a test system where I am....

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would try these solutions and will get back to you. Yes! according to the syntax given in the book "SAP NETWEAVER VISUAL COMPOSER".

The statement should be :

Select * from Table name where FieldX = ' " & @X & " ' AND FieldY = ' " & @Y & " '

But any ways i will try again with other possiblities.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I have tried. But nothing works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Always getting " "QUERY EXECUTION ERROR"" ?

have you tried with fixed values, to see if it is a real variable-syntax error or if it comes from another side ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i am getting the same error if i use SQL_STATEMENT input field. But if i use the SQL EDITOR it works fine with a fixed value.