cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Function of OPU3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have question, in the tcode OPU3, "Specify Scheduling Parameters" what does this fucntion do in a creation/changes of a Production Order?

1. Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to operation date

2. Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to order start

3. Do not Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to operation date

4. Do not Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to order start

I just want to know the impact if we implement this two in our Production order creation and changes:

3. Do not Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to operation date

4. Do not Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to order start

Thanks for the help,

Regards

Edited by: Ryan on Sep 22, 2008 9:59 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan ,

With 3 , Basic start and basic finish date will not be changed and dependent requirement like dates of purchase requisition ( Release date , delivery date and planned date ) will be adjusted to particular routing operation where it is required .

With 4 Basic start and basic finish date will not be changed and dependent requirement like dates of purchase requisition ( Release date , delivery date and planned date ) will be adjusted to planned ( prod for FG) order date ( Basic start )

Please try Option 1 which will do most accurate scheduling if you do operation level confirmation , otherwise use 2 .

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

As of now the one maintain in our SAP is option (Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to operation date). but our client has made changes in their Production order even if it was released and has partial confimration, they want that is in case they had done once against changes in the relase and confirm Production order the START BASIC DATES would not change, thats why am thinking to change from otpion 1 to option 3 or 4, but am a bit worry of its impact an not sure where on option 3 or 4 is the best suitable thing to change option 1 right now, please advise the impact changing and achieving the client want i our SAP?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think , even if with option 1, 2,3and 4 if user changes quantity or dates , the planned order will become firm ( you can see star in MD04) . and MRP can not change anything neither dates or qty .

The basic dates will only be changed if you are using lead time scheduling option 2 in MD02 screen. If you always select option 1 then go for 3 or 4 .Here no changes will be made in basic dates but this will be accurate to date .( Lead time scheduling is accurate to minute/second )

Edited by: Neal Gibson on Sep 22, 2008 3:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neal,

Thanks, they just were asking me if how can the basic start date cannot be change if they change quantity in production order? thus option 3 and 4 could do this?

And if i do implement 3 or 4 option what will be the impact everytime we do a production order with this type of adjuctment in our SCHEDULING PARAMETER?

Thanks

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan ,

Dont worry Basic start date will not change if you have either 3 or 4 with option 1 on MRP run (MD02) that is basic dates will only determined .

I request you to run one cycle in quality and show to your client .

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Great! for you what is the best to be pick option 3 or 4? we just want the basic start date fixes before not be adjusted when any changes done in our Production Order when it was already released and has partial confirmation.

Regards,

Ryan

Edited by: Ryan on Sep 22, 2008 11:52 AM

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go for 4 even thou you will change the order it will not adjust the basic dates,will not adjust dep. reqmts to order start.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ryan ,

Guess you people dont do operation level confirmation so go for 4 .

Neal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks a lot Neal and R.Brahamankar i will close the tread,

Seeyah!

Ryan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OPU3 - Adjust Scheduling tab - to Adjust basic dates.dep reqmts to order start means material should available at order start time.

And to Adjust basic dates.dep reqmts to operation start means material should available at operation start time as per assignment of component to the operation.

Do not Adjust basic dates, adjust dep. reqmts to operation date

then system will not adjust your date.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if u select option 3/4, system will not change the basic dates evenif u change schedule margin key or reshedule to a new date. It will change only scheduled dates which will lead u confusion. Just change the setting and test the production order, u will be able to understand better.