cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Packing!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My Client wants this requirement like, they got the finished material (WM Activated) and then they are going for Pre-Packing Stage before storing to Rack...How its map in SAP.

From sas..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If auto packing conditions not implemented, have you tried RF-packing at a Finished good staging location just before putaway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the FG is a part of delivery to customer then u can pack it in VL02N

Or

If the FG has to be packed and stored in warehouse then use HU02 transaction to do the packing. Use "Single Entry" tab in HU02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vineet,

Could u explain the step by step procedure for doing the HU02 Transaction to complete one cycle...

For this, i want to activate HUM, but i heard that HUM its very big module..So, if i want to use this transaction with respect to WM, what are the areas i have to activate HUM(Only Packing alone), please explain it...

From sas..

Edited by: Oaris_Sas on Sep 22, 2008 3:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guys,

Please help me....

From sas..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have u done any setting for HUM

Assignment of number range for HU .

If not then you cannot use HUM and packing cannot be done.

You can straight away do the picking activity and create a TO like a normal WM operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vineet,

_Scenario:_

After Finished m/t, we normaly going for packing & then it goes to customer end,for this we can use the usual delivery packing itself....

But in my case, after packing some stocks goes to customer & some goes to Warehouse stock, and again they are picking the stock.....Whether it can be achieved only by HUM....only...Please tell me....

IF HUM is needed, i can activate that number ranges here...

In Logistics General->HUM-> External Identification -> Set Unique Number Assignment for HU Identification...

From sas....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HUM activation is not only about number range definition . It will require following configs also

1) HUM is activated at sloc level. If you activate this then every material movement in the sloc will be done at HU level not at material level.

2) All the internal and external mvt happening in this sloc which is HU activated will create an inbound or outbound delivery as a result of transfer posting and not a material documnet.So, in the delivery you have to complete packing then only you can do PGI/PGR.

3) For this sloc you need to define a partner sloc also .This is because if for a reason unpacking has to be done then the partner sloc will hold the unpacked material.

4) Packaging material type and group need to be configured and packaging material master data has to be made.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vineet,

I have many doubts in this scenario:

Please don't take it in negative manner, i will clearly explain my requirement...

1. We get the finished materials of (bolts, screws, etc) with wm+pp integration (storage type 100 ->.GI by confirmation) from production.(I.e) Production Storage Bin - > Packing Area..(Its not going to finished stock warehouse)

2. Then the finished stock is multi-packed, then its directly goes to customer, whether the finished stock is taken from warehouse, we can use the picking strategy and gets an integration of wm & sd. In my case, how its possible...

3. Whether the excess stocks remains after the customer delivery, then only the remaining stocks is moving to warehouse.How this process can be mapped in sap...

Please expalin the above three questions with ur valuable answer...

From sas...