Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Transports.-Configuration changes.

Hi everyone,

Just a question about transports.

If i perform some configuration changes (say personnel actions

)in customizing client lets say client 20 in dev system and i want to test it.

Example: test client 30 in dev system, i can go to client 30 and use scc1, bring the transport, test it and if not satisfied, go back to client 20 and work on the same transport.

Assuming the following scenario: If i would like to test in a client 80 in different system say QA. I need to release the transport and basis would shift it. Now, my question is if i am not satisfied with the changes, as far as i know i cannot work on the same transport.

Kindly correct me if i am wrong.

1. Do i need to delete the previous transport and create a new transport for the same test scenario?

Generically speaking, if certain configuration changes or transports are present in dev client 20 and want to test in client 80 in diff system. What should be the procedure adopted for testing as well performing new configuration changes?

Thanks in advance.

M.Roza

Former Member
Former Member replied

Marian,

Regarding

3. Want to add an extra infotype , i will be creating a new TR "abcd2", so will the previous changes be automatically incorporated into the new request "abcd2" and how does it get overwritten or is there a procedure to follow?

the important point is that the request abcd should be transported into the quality system before abcd2. Otherwise you may get an error. Inform you basis people about the right ordering of the requests.

Regards,

Dilek

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question