Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transports.-Configuration changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Just a question about transports.

If i perform some configuration changes (say personnel actions

)in customizing client lets say client 20 in dev system and i want to test it.

Example: test client 30 in dev system, i can go to client 30 and use scc1, bring the transport, test it and if not satisfied, go back to client 20 and work on the same transport.

Assuming the following scenario: If i would like to test in a client 80 in different system say QA. I need to release the transport and basis would shift it. Now, my question is if i am not satisfied with the changes, as far as i know i cannot work on the same transport.

Kindly correct me if i am wrong.

1. Do i need to delete the previous transport and create a new transport for the same test scenario?

Generically speaking, if certain configuration changes or transports are present in dev client 20 and want to test in client 80 in diff system. What should be the procedure adopted for testing as well performing new configuration changes?

Thanks in advance.

M.Roza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marian,

In order to transport a request to the quality system you need to first release it.

When a transport request is relased, you cannot any more load any configuration changes into it.

Thus, you need to create a new request and use it for transporting to the quality system.

Best regards,

Dilek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as he said once released you cannot re use it.

if i have under stood your question properly then following can be the answer.

once you have transported something the customization in that gets reflected in the other client.

take hirine let us say you have created a hiring and transported it.

then you would like to add another infotype.

you can create one and transport it it gets added.

if you include all the infotypes in the new TR then it will over write the earlier one and your new one will be the configuration reflected in the other system.

regards

Chakravarthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every one,

Thanks for your responses. I apologize for not being clear about the landscape.

Client 20- Customizing client.

Client 30-Test Client.

Both 20,30 are in the same development system/server.

Client 80- Quality Testing Client.

80 is in different QA system/server.

From Dilek, I am clear that once you release the transport, further changes cannot be made.

Nalla, from what you said i understand as follows:

i am quoting you here:

"""

then you would like to add another infotype.

you can create one and transport it it gets added.

if you include all the infotypes in the new TR then it will over write the earlier one and your new one will be the configuration reflected in the other system.

""""""

1.I made some configuration changes for hiring and recorded them in say transport "abcd1" in client 20.

2. Released it and tested in client 80.

3. Want to add an extra infotype , i will be creating a new TR "abcd2", so will the previous changes be automatically incorporated into the new request "abcd2" and how does it get overwritten or is there a procedure to follow?

And adi, thanks for the response. i was able to understand till this part,and lost from here, quoting you

"""

If you alread transported it to other client, it will create new TR. in this case you can do like this only you have transport the TRs First created first. Otherwise transprot only the Lastest one

Which will transport the last config to other server

If you have 2 servers it will be different scenario

"""""

If it is not trouble, could you tell me once again considering my landscape. Thanks a lot in advance.

M.Roza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marian,

Regarding

3. Want to add an extra infotype , i will be creating a new TR "abcd2", so will the previous changes be automatically incorporated into the new request "abcd2" and how does it get overwritten or is there a procedure to follow?

the important point is that the request abcd should be transported into the quality system before abcd2. Otherwise you may get an error. Inform you basis people about the right ordering of the requests.

Regards,

Dilek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The experts have given solution. Just framing their words in a single reply.

1. You did some modifications in client 20 created a TR abcd1, tested in client 30.

2. You release TR abcd1. Your basis person imported into Q environment.

3. Now you feel that you need to make some modifications to the same.

4. You do the modifications in client 20 creating a new TR abcd2, test in client 30.

5. Release the transport abcd2, basis imports in Q environment. Changes look fine.

6. While moving the changes to Production, make sure that basis team imports abcd1 first and then abcd2.

You may create n number of transports for a single screen, but make sure they get imported in the sequence.

Thanks,

Preetham

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

B4 tell you answer you must be clear about following things

You have tell What is you land scape?

You said you have 20, 30 and 80 clients how many phisycal servers you hold?

If you have 3 servers i will be different scenario

In this case 20 is you dev client having own server, you have to configure whatever you want and transport it to next client i.e QA unless untill you transport it. It wont effect on other client .

If you have did configuration, it created a (TR) transport request and you know that config is wrong b4 you send it to other client dont transport it and do changes it will get saved into the same client.

If you alread transported it to other client, it will create new TR. in this case you can do like this only you have transport the TRs First created first. Otherwise transprot only the Lastest one

Which will transport the last config to other server

If you have 2 servers it will be different scenario

Here first two clients in the same same server transprot without transprot also it will effect btwn first two clients

Regards

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the tcode STMS ther identify the transport request and delete it

or else if u dont have authorisations check witht he tocode SE01