Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW recording to choose the right template through Browse button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is Suresh. I have an issue in LSMW recording to select the right template through find buttion. While recording i am seeing the right one. But while loading the data through LSMW (forground) its finding the template thru find button and its working fine. Lets assume in the previous template conatins in the 10th row. Suppose if i change the template sequence to 15th row then its not pointing the right template. Its always pointing the 10th row only. Is there any thing wrong in my recording. Any body could you please suggest me in that...

Thanks in Advance...

suresh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Now there are two possibilities according to me:

1. As you are using FIND/BROWSE button for searching the right template, you can directly provide the value which is required in FIND field.

2. If above one is not working then you can fire a query to the check table whose contents are displayed in FIND/BROWSE button. By doing this you can get the index of that value.

Index of that value will be the position of that value in the list displayed. In this way you can get correct position in every client and server.

You can fire query in LSMW step "maintain field mapping" just before the mapping of FIND field.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Brajvir

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

There is nothing wrong in your recording, its just list shown after clicking FIND button is not sorted. This problem can be solved in following manner:

Before recording the transaction you are required to perform these settings:

Goto Customize Local Layout(Alt+F12) button on application toolbar and select options from list.

customize local layout -->options --> Expert

In Expert tab check checkboxes show key in all dropdown list and sort items by key.

After applying these settings restart your transaction and start recording.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Brajvir

0 Kudos

Brajvir,

Thanks for your response.

I checked that keys. Those are already enabled. But in the application t.code (ooam) itself i can sort the templates. Its not in the same position once i transport to another client thatoo if i sorted there also. So at that time what ever i am finding thru FIND/BROWSE button its not pointing the right one. Its showing always same row as in the previous client.

Have a Good Day...

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Now there are two possibilities according to me:

1. As you are using FIND/BROWSE button for searching the right template, you can directly provide the value which is required in FIND field.

2. If above one is not working then you can fire a query to the check table whose contents are displayed in FIND/BROWSE button. By doing this you can get the index of that value.

Index of that value will be the position of that value in the list displayed. In this way you can get correct position in every client and server.

You can fire query in LSMW step "maintain field mapping" just before the mapping of FIND field.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Brajvir

0 Kudos

Brajvir...I was on vacation i'll test it and let you know. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Brajvir,

I have a question related to Appraisal status.

I want to change the Appraisal status from In process - Completed. Actually i created a recording for this thru APPCHANGE. Its working but taking too much time to load the data (15 Hours for 5500 Records). So now i am trying to use the below FMs to change the status from In process to Completed but if i execute getting the message like below.

624No data found for entries made

BAPI_APPRAISAL_STATUS_CHANGE

HRHAP_DOC_BSP_CNV_STR_TO_TAB

Thanks for your previous responses.

Suresh

Edited by: Suresh Kancharla on Feb 5, 2009 10:45 PM