cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP ERP required to use SAP CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am very new to sap crm.And want the following information as part of my analysis work.

1.Is SAP CRM a individual product. And to use it do we need to have SAP ERP along with that or can we just go on working after getting the CRM installed?(If we are on sap r/3 4.7 )

2. What are the different technique available to connect SAP CRM with 3rd party softwares ?

So if I asked some basic questions.Hope you understood what all I want to know.Please provide me the relevant information.

Waiting for ur replies.

Thanks,

jeevan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> 1.Is SAP CRM a individual product. And to use it do we need to have SAP ERP along with that or can we just go on working after getting the CRM installed?(If we are on sap r/3 4.7 )

Anand: Yes, SAP CRM is an individual product.........and yes it can be used as a standalone system which means that it wil work once you install an CRM system....without having to use any SAP R/3 system.....

Also SAP CRM system mostly replicates Service or sales order already created in R/3, after this replication this data is used for several analysis in CRM system...as doing the same on the R/3 system wil degrade the performance....Also look for FAQ's in this forum to find out more about CRM....you will get to know a lot about CRM...

> 2. What are the different technique available to connect SAP CRM with 3rd party softwares ?

Anand: There are several techniques available to connect not just SAP CRM but it could be any SAP product with the third party software......Before establishin such a oonnection we need to figure out the purpose of such a connection.....for eg if an SAP system is only used to retrieve data from Non-SAP system.. then one can use DBCONNECT Tcode DBCO.....

If you need to replicate data from one system to another system and\or replication both ways.....then you can to find out solution through third party connectors like SAP JAVA connectors...

So the important thing is to figure out the purpose of the connection..

Happy posting...

Inspire ppl by rewarding..

Regards,

Anand...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Anand ,

thanks for the reply Anand....

Can u please tell me that Do SAP provides any Trail versions for that.

thanks,

jeevan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jeevan,

Trail version for CRM is not there.....You can download netweaver IDES from the SAP website... but thats not SAP CRM.....

Regards,

Anand.

Answers (0)