cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog tab in PM 0rder

former_member226856
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to connect the Catalog button at the bottom of Componenet tab in a PM order with some External Website. What are the settings in IMG? Does it require involvement of Basis and ABAP ?

Regards

VM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear VM,

SPRO>Plant Maintenance and Customer Service>Maintenance and Service Processing>Maintenance and Service Orders>Interface for Procurement Using Catalogs (OCI)>.Define Catalogs (select catalog ID and double click on call structure and type URL and select 0(URL) content field

After that assign this catalg to your order type SPRO>Plant Maintenance and Customer Service>Maintenance and Service Processing>Maintenance and Service Orders>Interface for Procurement Using Catalogs (OCI)>Assign Catalog of Order Type

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Edited by: Kaushal Rai on Sep 22, 2008 1:00 PM

former_member226856
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created a new catalog and a new call structure.

Following are the setting made by me:

1. Catalog - PM

2. Call Structure

Sequence number '1',

name - XYZ

Content- Name of website

Type - URL

3. Assignment of catalog to order.

But when I click on the catalog in the component screen, it shows a run time error.

Whether settings are incomplete ?

Regards,

VM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After defining catalog you have to some more setting that is in that same path you have convert html fields to sap fields that mapping should be done here and you have to define conversion modules also.

3. Customizing required to set up Catalog Interface

3.1 Define Catalog

SPRO >> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service >>Maintenance Plans, Work Centers, Task Lists and PRTs >> Task Lists>> Interface for Procurement Using Catalogs (OCI) >> Define Catalogs

In this step you define the catalog which you need to access for procuring the components along with its call structure. Call structure data is usually provided by the catalog provider as this involves catalog specific data such as the web address of the catalog, automatic login password.

PS: In the case I have considered, Catalog is completely maintained by an external vendor and I have given the Web address in the define catalog to access it. Accessing the catalog would vary case to case basis, dependent on where the catalog is stored.

3.2 Assign Catalog to Task List Type

SPRO >> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service >>Maintenance Plans, Work Centers, Task Lists and PRTs >> Task Lists>> Interface for Procurement Using Catalogs (OCI) >> Assign Catalog to Task List Type

In this step Catalog is assigned to the task list category and the plant. Depending on the task list category, during the task list processing the system proposes the corresponding catalog for procurement.

3.3 Convert HTML field to SAP fields

SPRO >> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service >>Maintenance Plans, Work Centers, Task Lists and PRTs >> Task Lists>> Interface for Procurement Using Catalogs (OCI) >> Convert HTML fields to SAP fields

In this step you define how the HTML fields are converted from catalog in to R/3 fields.

u2022 Fields that are converted 1:1 to R/3 fields

u2022 R/3 fixed values that are independent of the catalog value

u2022 Help fields (for example, material)

If it is required to carry out activities such as copying the long text then we need to enter fields which are used in the conversion modules.

3.4 Define conversion modules

SPRO >> Plant Maintenance and Customer Service >>Maintenance Plans, Work Centers, Task Lists and PRTs >> Task Lists>> Interface for Procurement Using Catalogs (OCI) >> Define Conversion Modules

In this activity you can define the conversion modules that are used to convert the data from the catalog into valid R/3 values.

The following conversion modules are provided with the interface in the standard system.

Name Meaning

IOCI_CONVERT_INFO_REC_W Conversion of the catalog material number to an SAP material number in accordance with the purchasing info record.

IOCI_CONVERT_MPM_W Conversion of the catalog material number into an SAP material number in accordance with the manufacturer number.

IOCI_CONVERT_OLD_MAT_NO_W Convert to existing material number using the "old material number" field.

IOCI_DESCRIPTION_W Transfer of the catalog material number and the description to the SAP field of the short text

IOCI_SET_POST_W Search of the item category in accordance with the Customizing settings for the material type

IOCI_LONGTEXT_W Copying of the catalog long text to the material long text or the service long text

IOCI_EXAMPLE_W Template for the customer-specific conversion module

You can program other conversion modules yourself and adjust them to your requirements. All the conversion modules must have the same interface as the function module IOCI_EXAMPLE_W

if it is useful pls reward me with points

regards

satish

Edited by: P.Shanmuga Satish Kumar on Sep 22, 2008 1:05 PM

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear VM,

In step-2 Content name of website like this:https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/forums

Type : URL

In step3: New Entry: order type, plant, catalog ID

Note catalog ID should be that one which you used in step-2

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Answers (0)