cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Landscape design??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our client is saying that they require 2 Development system,2 Quality & 1 Production System.How will we design our Transport Landscape??Is it possible to have 2 development & 2 QA in one system landscape??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its possible but it is very complicated.

You can use the transport target groups to do it.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vamshi..But how will I do it with the help of Transport Target Groups??Can you pls explain me a little bit??

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This configuration is very much possible, in fact i have worked with a client with similar configuration.

Transport route can be

DEV1->QA1->PRD

DEV2->QA2->PRD

Now whenever request from DEV1 reaches production it should also simultaneously move to DEV2 and QA2.

The reverse is to be done when request from DEV2 reaches PRD, it needs to be flushed back to DEV1 and QA1

This is needed to maintain synchronization between two DEV and QA

Synchronization danger occurs in scenario when changes/enhancements of similar type are performed at same time in both dev.

Hence any changes/Enhancements planned should be checked for clash or else synchronization is extremely difficult to achieve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..But the thing is that we can have 1 Dev client & 2 QA as per client requirement.Is it possible to have a Transport landscape with 1 dev & 2 QA & 1 Production??

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats perfectly possible... some companies use a 4 tier environment... DEV - QA - PREPROD - PROD, using this type of landscape is very easy to set the transport layout.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Juan said it is very much possible. I mean you can manage a lot of permutations and combinations using sound logic. Infact we have a landscape like yours in which there is one development system, one maintainence system for bug fixes, one unit test system for neew changes, one test system for bug fix testing, one integration test system and one production and the transport movement happens smoothly.. and we multiple clients which host data for 2 different companies and transport works efficiently.

Regards.

Ruchit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley Scott ,

that is not possible,your client required for testing purpose then they can use for quality,2dev and 2 quality is not possible.

BR,

krishnamurthy .k