Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Plant maintainence Module

Dear SAP Experts.

A SD Consultant working in a User Company.

Recently I have been bestowed with the responsibilities of handling Plant maintenance module.

Please Suggest me all the building blocks and the documentation required.

I require some documents on the same other than help.sap.com.

regards,

SAP SD

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hiii

There are total 8-9 main process for plant which you can map for in SAP Pm Module. The process are as follows.

1. Managing Plant Maintenance Organization - This is one time activity & have been completed at the time of implementation of PM Module.

2. Structuring Of technical System of your companey :- This includes to building the structure of your plants(Factory) in SAP with the help of Master data like Equipments, Functional location, BOMs, Serial Numbers, Materials, Installed base.

3. Preventive Maintenance Process: - With this you can Plan all your maintenance activities in your plans.

4. Breakdown Maintenance Process: Using this process you can manage the coming breakdowns in your factories.

5. Corrective Maintenance Process : Using this you can manage all your Planned / unplanned activities in your factories.

6. Spares Parts Management & Inventory control process: - Procurement Spares can be managed using this process

7. Refurbishment of Spares parts : Using this process you can manage Reparing of spares internally as well as Externally.

8. Test Equipment Management : Using this you can manage the calibration process for your Equipments which requires calibration.

9. Project in Plant Maintenance : You can manage the New Development project using this process.

I think this satisfy your question. If further you have any query let me know.

Regards,

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question