Did you mean: 

Measuring Counter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM Experts,

I Have created a multiple counter plan with link OR.andcycle set having cycle

5 Hour (Annual estimate 3650 h )

( Activity per day 10 h )

6 Meter quieb/hour. (Annual estimate 3650 m3/h )

( Activity per day 10 m3/h )

i have created two measuring point with hour and m3h characterstic for same equipment.What my problem is while entering measuring document even the counter reading is not reached up to the cycle any of them as given above.After scheduling the system is generating call object.As per me the system should generate call object when any one of the counter reading should reach either or equal to the cycle then system should generate the call object not before that.

Please put your valuable suggestion to overcome this problem

Regards,

RC

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Even though your counter has reached the reading if you schedule only system will generate the order.based on the OR link .

may be you have marked the immediate start for all while executing the IP30 .

kindly check and revert back

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan,

Just now i have run IP30 selected Immediate schedule,

Then the sysem called the object which was hold earlier,

Eventhough the counter has not reached upto the cycle reading.If it is happen like this then what is the use of measuring doccument.Hw this i can solve this problem please give your expertise.

RC

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raju,

Its not scheduling if you do IP30 also.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

Believe me it is scheduled means the new start is called,

Even either of total counter reading of both the measuring point not reached up to the cycle reading.

RC

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

while executing the T code IP30 and specified the interval for call object and specified immediate start for call ,then system will search for the maintenance plan which are bound to be called within the days specified .if you started you cycle today which is having the call horizon 100% then while executing the Ip30 if you have specified 35days then it will call the call objects for the maintenance plan

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

Please explain how Annual estimation, Activity per day and Cycle are linked for generating the call object.

If I Have two cycle value 20 Hour & 10 M3H & Annual estimation 3650 & 3650 respectively.If in a single day the reading of any of above becomes Ntimes of cycle is it create N times of order or notification for that particular day. Kindly explain in detail I got confused because everytime while doing planning I m getting different -2 Result.

if possible can you send some screen shot of ip10 @

raju_chauhan35@yahoo.com

Please this is urgent.

RC

Edited by: Raju Chauhan on Sep 22, 2008 9:48 AM

Edited by: Raju Chauhan on Sep 22, 2008 9:50 AM

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

The planned date for which a maintenance order is created depends on the operation type in the multiple counter plan. In the case of an OR operation, the system selects the earliest planned date. In the case of an AND operation, the system will select the latest

also refer [Scheduling|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/3c/abb350413911d1893d0000e8323c4f/content.htm]

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal & Thyagarajan,

Finally i got the solution & tnks a lot to both of you.

Regards

RC

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raju,

I don't hink its generating call object (order) without reaching any of the limit. Just see the Schedule Type/Status there must be Schedule Hold

Regards,

Kaushal rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

You are right the status is hold,You mean to say if the counter reading is become equivalent to cycle the status will become called. But what about the plan date and call date which appeared before the counter reading reached to cycle reading.

And there is column is sheduling section Nextplancounter reading which is summation of cycle reading + counter reading this is for what ?

Regards,

RC

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Correct! if your reading reaches that limit the status will be called. This list of call and plan date getting because you have entered scheduling period in your maintenance plan.Remove that if anything if you have entered anything in T-Code IP02 (Maintenance Plan scheduling Parameter).

Regards,

Kaushal Rai