cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting scenario- user facing error while deleting a sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have one interesting scenario and want feedback from your side as soon as possible

Scenario-

One of my clients is facing a problem while deleting a sales order.

the sales order he is trying to delete is the old order created in 2007.

when i see the document flow the user has created the export order, then delivered it, invoiced and sent it to accounting, accounting document is also cleared. then he cancelled the invoice, reverse PGI and deleted the delivery. the status of the sales order system is showing is being processed. but please note in this case after reversing PGI and deleting a delivery the delivery document disappears from the document flow.

document flow looks like this

Order - 200004715 Being processed

invoice- 700005310 completed

accounting 700005311 cleared

Cancel Invoice 700005315 completed

Accounting 700005316 cleared

Now, in 2008 user is trying to delete the sales order but he is unable to do the same. system is giving him message "unable to delete sales order because of subsequent document 70005310 (which is invoice number)"

Can somebody please throw some light on this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Cancelling ./ deleting a doc is possible only when the A/c posting is not done. Only when the invoice is created, we can cancel invoice, reverse PGI, delete delivery doc & cancel the sales order by rejecting the items.

But I guess SAP willnot allow deleting the SO once the A/c posting is also done. How are you planning to reverse the A/c posting in that case? A/c posting is done with ref to the SO. So see if there is any possibility to reverse the A/c posting, then cancel the invoice, reverse PGI, cancel transfer order if any.

Also reject the line items in the SO sothat they cannot be further processed. Then cancel the SO.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

we have reversed the accounting document as well and then cancelled the invoice then did reversal of PGI and delivery still the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You cannot delete a SO. You can only reject the items & cancel the doc.

Try rejecting the SO line items. Then cancel the order.

Regards,

Sivanand

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. I found one OSS note for this issue. Now i am closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pournima by seeing ur document flow one account posting is done you have to create a credit memo or u have 2 reverse the accounting but ur doc flow show it is cleared so ur r not able to delete sales order.

Think it helps u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As fas as I know, this is standard system behaviour. The reason - you have done PGI (which has created a material document as well as accounting doc) and invoiced & reversed (which again has created accounting documents & rversal documents). All these documents are referencing the sales order.

If you delete sales order, sales order number gets deleted from VBAK /VBAP tables.

Hence, in relational data base scenario (meanin SAP in this context), deletion of sales order after creation of subsequent documents is not feasible.

Hope it clarifies the issue.

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to VF11 enter the invoice number and cancel again. and Reverse the PGI(VL09) and after that delete the delivery document and now u can delete the sales order..

May be u haven't canceled the Invoice rightly.. Do once again the Process one time.

IF any problem araises revert back to me.

Regards

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have cancelled the invoice, reverse PGI and Deleted the delivery as well and tried to delete sales order

but getting the same message. pls note i am trying to delete the order created in 2007.