Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table control resolution in BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All

I have one doubt regarding table control resolution in BDC .I know how to handle table control like if i have 5 rows in my TABLE CONTROL.I write the logic according to this rows and if more than 5 rows are there in my flat file i extend the atble control.But this logic will fail in some other system if more than 5 rows are there in that syatem. But I have read from some where that we can use ctu_params structure and if we pass default size as 'x' then it automatically take cares in every sysem.But my doubt is while writing the code initially how can we write ie i mean how many rows i have to mention initially in my logic .

Please tell me the answer to this question if you have already face this type of problem.

Thanks and regards

Venkateswar

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's very difficult determining the rows of a table control.

Online you can have 5 and in background 3.

In the same application the rows can change between versions like 4.6c and ECC 6.

i think that is not possible to fill a parameter for all table controls.

I insert my data in the first line and the i push the button for other line and so on

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Some logic has to be written for this. Please check if the link below helps you.

[BDC for Table control|http://www.sap-img.com/abap/bdc-example-using-table-control-in-bdc.htm]

Regards,

Swapna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can any one look into this.

regards

venkat

0 Kudos

hi

If the rows are more than 5, then use the following statement:

PERFORM bdc_field USING 'BDC_OKCODE' '=P+'

It will take the values into the next line item of the BDC.

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Table control number of rows differs...

so u cant write the logic for 5 rows and increase one row like that...

If it is a sales order or something else, u have a button as " ITEM TO TOP"...

if u click this, it will open a window, there u will have optioons...

for example, u want to choose the line item 50, then give 50 and enter,..

now the item 50 will be in ist line...u can do modifications...again u need to use item to top and give line item as 90, then do for 90...

the code is "=POPO" like "\00"

while doing recording u need to do like this...

Edited by: Sumithra Sudharsanam on Oct 3, 2008 8:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The numeber of lines of table control for BDC depend on screen resolution, but It can't be managed by program.

So the better solution is to create a bdc doesn't depend on resolution.

It can do that using always the first two lines of table control.

When you start the simulation, first record has to be placed in first line of tc and the second in second one.

Before placing the third record, it needs to place the second record to the top and so the third record can be placed in the second line.

Before placing the next record, it needs to place the third record to the top and so the fourth record can be placed in the second line and so.

In this way your BDC'll use alwways the first two lines of tc and your program won't depend on resolution.

The problem is the transaction you need to simulate by BDC has to have a scroll functionality to allow to place the last record was elaborated to the top of tc, so the second line of tc can always be used to place the new record.

If there isn't this functionality, it's better to use a BAPI instead of BDC.

check these...

http://www.abaplearning.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=2&func=view&id=11&catid=8

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=739193&messageID=823953

Regards,

Omkaram.