Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create subprocess under process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help on this.

1. How to create sub process under a process.

In one process I am able to insert BLOCK>ACTION>CO. But there is no option to insert subprocess.

In the below meintioned link "Composite application framework Overview", at page 17 it was mentioned that I can attach block/process to a process.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0b1c2eda-0c01-0010-b597-b107502c....

I tried Initiate Process Co. But this is not fulfilling my requirement..

2. In my case I have to start subprocess and ensure that main process should not be closed untill subprocess is not closed.

If I use Initiate Process CO , I can start the other process but I am not able to fulfill second condition i.e. Closing of main process after closing of subprocess.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am not sure if ot will help, but you maybe try expose a process as web service, as describe in this doc:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/44/44c59fd7c72e84e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

You can then try to integrate the process as ws co in you outer process.

best regards,

v s

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If subprocesses are not possible can anyone please tell me the utilization of isSubProcess() under

u201CInterface IGPProcessInstanceu201D in JAVADocs.

https://help.sap.com/javadocs/nwce/current/gp/index.html

isSubProcess()

Returns true if this instance is a SubProcess, false if this instance is a top-level process.

Thanks & Regards,

Pratik Khandelwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried using web service as mention on that document. i am able to start process but the problem is process is initiated by Guest. Do u know why ? In my process I assigned roles as initiator.

Regards,

Pratik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure. Have you already tried to set default users as initiator, administrator and so on for the sole process. I mean, before adding it as a subprocess?

best regards,

v s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratik,

Use a standard Callable Object Initiate Process.

This CO is located under:

Create Callable Object -> Process Control -> Initiate Process (Using Predefined Template)

The process is initiated with the user that call the CO.

Best Regards,

Pedro Nunes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrik,

Sorry, I didnu2019t read that you already tried to use this CO!

Well, canu2019t you add just the Blocks of this sub process under the main process? Or your requirement needs that the execution is the entire sub process (as a process)?

As far as I know, itu2019s not possible. When I need to do this, I did as I mentioned before.

Another approach will be a manual control of process execution. Example:

CO generate an unique ID at time to call the sub process (ex: 1), this uid is passed as input parameter of sub process and saved into a custom table with new status. At last step of sub process, you change status of this record in custom table. In main process you need a background execution or other CO to read this data checking for this status change. When status comes to u201Cfinishedu201D you continue main process execution.

Itu2019s very dirty solution, but I think that if you really have to use a defined process, this is the only way to maintain the control of sub process under the main process.

Best Regards,

Pedro Nunes