cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effects of reopening closed periods in Asset Accounting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

My client wants to open the closed periods in Asset accounting. I have used T Code OAAQ and changed the last closed period.

I would like to know what are the effects of opening the closed periods.

Will it effect the already posted depriciation and what further steps should I take after the entries are passed.

Even after I opened the period both in FI and AA it still is giving me a message that I cannot post to this year.

Can you kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normal you can make posting, depreciation, in the old fiscal years. These posting should than be in that fiscal year for AM/FI and CO. It is possible that the depreciation key don't allow you to make postings on a asset in the old fiscal year.

When you have an error give then the error number with the help text behind it

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you post any entries to the asset , the depreciation will change in asset accounting and will not match with the general ledger unless depreciation posting run is executed.

However, since you have already executed depreciation posting, AFAB selecting repeat run in the last period or special period if your company code have special periods.

Caution: It will change the P&L and Balance sheet balances.

Please check the Post Capitalization Option (ABNAN) for asset values missed in the past for capitalization