Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC (oracle-8.0) to JDBC (oracle 10g) Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to connect two oracle database

JDBC (oracle-8.0) to JDBC (oracle 10g) Scenario,

But I am facing JDBC driver issue, for 10g we are using ojdbc14.jar driver but it is not support 8.0 as per oracle site.

now what to do ?

I can't install two version of JDBC simulteniously as all version of JDBC driver provided by oracle using same ClassPath.

Pl. Suggest specifically.

regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to worry about it. XI will take care the drivers part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to differentiate...XI will take care of this..

Edited by: Santosh Rawat on Dec 18, 2008 3:02 PM

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the JDBC adapter FAQ, on service market place:

10. Oracle JDBC Driver (classes12.zip / classes12.jar) Deadlocks

* Q: I have deployed the Oracle classes12.zip / classes12.jar JDBC driver as per the instructions in the XI Configuration Guide.

Unfortunately, I frequently notice hanging database connections. A thread dump taken according to the instructions in note 710154 shows one or more blocking JDBC Sender/Reciver threads and optionally that the JVM has detected a deadlock.

* A: The Oracle classes12.zip / classes12.jar driver is compatible with JDK 1.2 and 1.3 only, but not with JDK 1.4. Upgrade to a current version of the driver (ojdbc14.jar). For details, refer to note 941317.

Make sure that you remove classes12.zip / classes12.jar from aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda (releases 3.0/7.0) or com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda (releases 7.1) prior to adding the new driver as per the instructions in the answer to question #1 above as you will get a class name collision otherwise (all JARs from aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda (releases 3.0/7.0) or com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda (releases 7.1) are loaded into the same class loader and the driver class name of both driver versions is the same).

Before deploying the updated driver, ensure that the new version is still compatible with your Oracle database server release. For details, refer to the release notes provided by Oracle.

I think you should be able to use OJDBC14.jar as to seems to be tied to the JDK version.

Also refer to note : 941317 for more info.

Regards

Bhavesh

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, i was faced similar problem .

to use oracle 8.0 u need driver classes12.zip

u can download this from oracle site.

if any problem kindly back to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for quick ans.

if I use classes12.zip ,it is not support oracle 10g(10.2), and it is having the same class path as ojdbc14.jar, so I can not have both on the same server,

pl. suggest,

regards,

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this.

you can put both at path: jdk\jre\lib\ext .both will work.

in class path(class path variable): put jdk path at start(begining).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using following parameter to connect any database using JDBC driver in communication channel.

same we used for oracle 10g which has ojdbc14.jar as JDBC driver

Driver :- oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Connection :- jdbc:oracle:thin:@<IP>:<PORT>:<Database Name>

now if we installed another driver(classes12.zip) for oracle 8.0.4 then How we can differentiate in connection string for both the version in communication channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharamveer,

I deployed the .sda file with classess12.jar file , but mine is HP UNIX environment and I am not able to find the CLASSPATH, please suggest how to set the CLASSPATH for classes12.jar so that I can connect to Oracle 8.0.4.

regards,