QC activities in procurement
Hi, Pls advise what are all the settings required in SAP QM to implement QC activities in Procuement thru Purchase order for raw materials? Thanks in advance.
1. Extand Quality View in material Master for the Raw materials.
2. Select up Inspection Setup
> Set inspection type'01'> Select check box in 'Active column for this inspection type.
3. Set the parameters in 'Detailed information on Inspection type' Section -->
- Select box 'Post to Inspection Stock'
- If you want to inspect the material along with the task list then Select box 'Insp.With Task List'
- Select box 'Automatic Assignment'
- Select box 'Check Char'
- Set 'Control Inspection Lot' as per your requirement (It may be 'For each Material Document Item')
- Set 'QM Procurement 'Active' in 'Procurement data' section.
- Set QM Control Key and Certificate Type if you want to track the Raw material verdor certificate along with the consignments.
Then Maintain Other Master Data i.e.
- Create MIC,
- Create Sampling procedures as per your requirements,
- Create Inspection Plan ( With Usage 5 and Status 4 - Released )
- Assign MIC,Sampling Procedures LSL & USL, UOM etc in Inspection plan as per your requirements.
- Maintain UD Codes for Incoming Materials
- Maintain Catalog & Selected Set as per your requirements.
Then whenever any Material recieve (MIGO -105) against any PO then system will generate an Inspection Lot and automatically assigned the Inspection Plan to record the results. It is a Stock Relevent inspection Lot so User has to post the stock to relevent area at the time of UD recording.
Hope you can do all now.
Please revert if you face any problem.