Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a question of customize error message screen in VL02N

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have an exit(USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE) to loop through the xlips table and do a checking upon user click the PGR button in VL02N.

When i want to throw a error message with message e001(zxxx). it does not throw to the standard error log screen we have in the vl01n/vl02n. (the one which prompt up when we don't key in location,pick qty, batch...etc)

it simply throw the error message at the bottom bar of the screen. And once i click any button in screen, it will throw another error message "Risk of posting several mat.documents for one delivery->long text" and exit from the transaction.

Please advise how to get the standard error log screen.

thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reetha ,

i told u to use BADI , bcos this User exits will tigger for change/PGR as well , so creates performance issue .

u need to use BADI(ref. ur prev.Post), where that BADI will tiiger only when u click PGI button, and there u can update Error Log.

regards

Prabhu

0 Kudos

hi Prabhu,

thanks for reply. Actuall i'm doing this for PGR not PGI.

do you have any example on how to activate the badi and use it?

thanks.

0 Kudos

yeah, in the both cases , u will create Material Documents , and this is will tigger when u are creating a material Document . first u need to check the Documentation of ths BADI.search in this forum on that BADI.

regards

Prabhu