cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am working On BI7.0, right now iam generating querys using BEx, i created a query using SAP standard template and saved it as a workbook.

now i want to insert another query in the same work book using the SAP standard template.

1.can i insert the query in the work book with out creating the new template?

2. how can i insert?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

1. YUP YOU CAN INSERT ONE MORE QUERY RESULT INTO TO YOUR EXISTING WORKBOOK

2 EXECUTE YOUR QUERY IN QUESTION GOTO BUSINESS

EXPLORER->SAVE HERE YOU HAVE OPTION OF SAVING IT TO A NEW WORKBOOK OR EXISTING ONE

HOPE THIS HELP DONT FORGET TO DO YOUR PART

CHEERS

SANJEEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

thanks for reply my question is how to insert a new query in existing work book with out creating any template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you spoke of BI 7.0, I guess you're using 7.0 BEx Analyser

You have to insert a new Datasource and after, the objects you want to display attached to this query. This is much more comparable to the WAD than the BEx 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking for the 3.5 feature Bex Explorer -> Tools-> Insert Query in BI 7 to add insert reports in to the workbook.

Thanking You

Edited by: justin Byrne on Sep 23, 2008 11:59 AM

bill_coombs
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if your question is answered, so I thought I would try. In BI7.0, you use the new Design toolbar to insert the workbook components you need. If you were to start on a new worksheet, you would insert the sheet using Excel menu commands.

Click on the cell where you want to insert the data section of your report (Analysis grid)

Then click on the "Insert Analysis Grid" button (rectangle with blue and yellow). This will insert an icon into the cell you selected. When point at the icon, it will be hyperlinked, so click on it, and you will see the properties window for the analysis grid.

From here the main concept would be to go to the "Data Provider" section and click on "New data provider", on the next popup, go to the query/query view section, and click on Assign Query, and choose the query you want.

If you want a navigation panel so you can work with your free characteristics, same process, only you will make sure it is connected to DP_1 (dataprovider 1 that you just set up).

From here you can work with the other design components the same way.

Also read the help > http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ba/45583ca544eb51e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope that work for you,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill, that was of great help.