cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Renaming of InfoPackages via BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN Community

Do you know if it is possible to execute a BADI, or ABAP Code to dynamically rename an existing infopackage.

If so, can you possibly provide an example.

Thank you.

Simon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution:

This was no longer necessary.

Alternative solution was to manually change the infopackage name before uploads.

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again...

Actually it is not possible to change the technical name of any object in BW, you can change the description only.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

In fact i wish to just change the name (not the technical name).

Then the name of the infopackage appears in the Manage contents of the infocube.

Is it possible to do this? if you can provide examples, that would be great.

Best Regards,

Simon

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not have any such code to rename the description of InfoPackage as such. But I think that can be achieved. You may have to alter the table contents which store the InfoPackage name and its description (provided you have the relevant authorizations to change the standard table contents).

Anyway in the Manage of the InfoCube, the description of an InfoPackage appears with its technical name. So I don't know whether the description change will work for you or not.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Thank you for your reply.

In fact i manually change the infopackage name, and it displays the long text which is very useful.

There must be some BADI or similar ABAP Code that can do this so we can put it in a process chain.

The other option as you point out is to upload a text file into the table that contains the infopackage name, and automate this in a process chain.

But rather i would like to try to find some ABAP code in a BADI. I know there are lots of BADI functions.

Regards,

Simon

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure, will let you know if I come across any such ABAP/BADI.

Regards,

Yogesh