Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

GOA not found as source in sourcing cockpit

Hi all,

I have an issue regarding sourcing against a GOA in a classic scenario.

Starting situation:

Sourcing always is configured for the product category in the case.

There is just 1 backend with 1 pur.org. but mutiple plants.

I need to be able to control what contract/GOA is used for what plant (some contracts are for "everyone", some are for a list of plant (e.g. plants in the EC or the Americas) in the sourcing-cockpit.

GOA created in SRM (version 5.0, Server 5.5).

Containing: 1 item of type Product Category (not Normal)

Distribution (in header) for Pur. Org. 1 and plant 1000 as well as Pur. Org. 1 and plant 2000

Distribution (in item) same (cannot change due to distribution-setup in header) BUT value listed for item 1 is distributed across plant 1000 (40%) and plant 2000 (60%).

(Note: the contract in the R/3 ECC 6.0 backend lists only the one item for the 1000-plant; the backend-contract-header lists pur.org. 1. There is no (visible) references to plant 2000 in the backend-contract. HOWEVER a contact at a reference-site claims this is not an issue as sourcing in SRM for shopping carts against a GOA uses SRM-contract-data and not backend-contract-data; otherwise I'm probably in trouble!).

Action 1:

Creation (and approval) of shopping cart (free-text) for product-category listed in contract.

Shopping-cart is linked to plant 2000 (default plant for shopper).

Once the shopping cart is approved, I expected the contract to pop up as a source in the sourcing cockpit

when I trigger "Propose sources of supply".

IT DOESN''T!

If I create a similar GOA/contract but now distributing to plant 2000 and plant 3000, that contract DOES popup as a source in the sourcing-cockpit for the shopping-cart mentioned.

FINALLY THE QUESTION:

What's wrong in that I cannot source the shopping-cart against the 1st contract?

Is the BE-contract used, in spite of what my contact is claiming and if so, how can I set up a GOA with multiple plants for 1 pur.org.?

I read something about using a badi which would allow the creation of multiple contracts in a SAP-backend against a single SRM-GOA based on distribution-information (but I really hope that I do not need to!!!).

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question