cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patch version for R3trans build on 21.03.07 or later ....PREPARE results ..

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi upgrade expert,

I have some questions if possible:

1) PREPARE is asking for a patch for R3trans which is build on 21.03.07 or later. Where I can find it?

2) version for disp+word with patch number 1846 or higher. Where can I find it?

3) To be able to use the ASU toolbox ST-PI ST-PI software with at least support package level 8 is required. Where to find this? I have only PI 2002_1_46C.

Is this toolbox imporatnt?

Thanks for a prompt answer

Best regards

HanseAtik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention that if you are upgrading to 6.0 you should look for 7.00 kernel, not 6.40

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

I downloaded the R3trans fom Kernel 700 64 and copied it to usr\sap\put\exe

This version is version 6.14 (relaese 700 - 14.02.08). I check the version which it was from the uograde on the same directory and it is from: version is 6.14 (relaese 700 - 14.02.08). so the same.

But PREPARE is still asking for a patched version of R3trans which is build on 21.03.07 or later. I see here realy a contraudiction.

Thanks in advnance

HanseAtik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don´t really know why that happens but I had twice the same problem, try to download sapup as per note 821032 follow carefully the instructions on the note.

Hope this helps.

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

I would like to solve the problem before I think on installing new SAPup.

But one thing: As I can see in the CHECK.LOG the Prepare is checking the tools in ..usr\sap\SID\sys\exe\run and this is the kernel directory for the source system.

And ..\usr\sap\put\exe is the kernel directory for the target system.

And As I understand we should not change the current kernel but we have to put the tools in the upgrade directory.

So why does PREPARE not get the new R3trans.exe?

I see another thing: It says the version is old or the version can not be determinated.

Maybethe version can not be determinated? I downloaded it from Kernel 7.00.

Maybe with ithis nfo you can get the my problematic more better?

Best regards

HanseAtik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while downloading did you check the release date of the files you downloaded?

if not please check if these Files are released after the date mentioned in CHECKS.LOG

and download both of TP & R3TRANS of the same version

and you have to put it in usr/sap/put/exe, but not in source system's kernel

hope it helps!

for more info always refer to the upgrade guide!

Thanks and Regards

Abdul Hadi

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul Hadi,

in the source system it has the version:

..usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\run\

6.05 release 46D - 30.09.03 16:30:42

in the upgrade dir it is:

..\usr\sap\PUT\exe\

6.14 release 700 - 28.07.08 15:52:00

And it still give the same Error message.

What I think is that I have the wrong R3trans.

Which one is the right one for Kernel 46D suppor package Number 1674?

Maybe I have the wrong one and it can not be determinated.

Let me know

Thanks in advance

HanseAtik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, sorry for the delay but it was night in my country, I think the problem you have is with the R3Trans and TP on 4.6D, follow carefully my instructions here and lets see what happens this will take you to a newer files for 4.6D 64 Bits than the two that you are using now.

Take a look at the following address:

service.sap.com/swdc

Then go to download -> support packages and patches -> Archive for support packages and patches -> entry by Application group -> Sap Application Component -> SAP R/3 -> 4.6C -> Entry by components -> Sap Kernel 4.6D 64 Bit -> Windows 64 Bit -> Database Independent -> then you will see a list where a R3trans and TP from 28-01-2008 exists so go there and download the files and try again, that for sure will solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I forgot to tell you that is very important to that you download also Database Library if it is newer than the files you already have on your 4.6D kernel

Good Luck,

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

Thanks alot.

But please let me know the DB library you think its the right one so we will have the same conditions for both side DB and r3trans/tp.If you wrie the right link that will be great.

Thanks

HanseAtik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanse, no worries follow this instructions:

service.sap.com/swdc

Then go to download -> support packages and patches -> Archive for support packages and patches -> entry by Application group -> Sap Application Component -> SAP R/3 -> 4.6C -> Entry by components -> Sap Kernel 4.6D 64 Bit -> Windows 64 Bit -> ORACLE -> then you will see a list where you will see lib_dbsl_2311-10002268.CAR this should work with the new R3trans and Oracle, in fact I´m sure you won´t have conectivity issues after you upgrade to Oracle 10.0.2 in preparation to the SAP Upgrade.

Good luck,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanse, don´t forget to download also disp+work (the lattest for your kernel) under:

service.sap.com/swdc

Then go to download -> support packages and patches -> Archive for support packages and patches -> entry by Application group -> Sap Application Component -> SAP R/3 -> 4.6C -> Entry by components -> Sap Kernel 4.6D 64 Bit -> Windows 64 Bit -> Database Independent -> then you will see a list where dw2364-10001516.CAR

Remenber that Prepare is asking for a newer disp+work version for your kernel, try it to be sure it works just fine.

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been to that this link:

download -> support packages and patches -> Archive for support packages and patches -> entry by Application group -> Sap Application Component -> SAP R/3 -> 4.6C -> Entry by components ->

But after this step I have the chooce only for:

SAP Kermel 4,D EX2 32 BIT

SAP Kermel 4,D EX2 64 BIT

SAP Kermel 4,D EXT 32 BIT

SAP Kermel 4,D EXT 64 BIT

And as I can see is the right one:SAP Kermel 4,D EXT 64 BIT.

The problem after that is no WINDOWS version AVAILABLE.

I will try this one:: SAP Kermel 4,D EX2 64 BIT ?

Are you sure I do not need to copy the R3trans.exe to usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\run. ???

Because when a do this PREPARE accept it but when try R3trans -d to check the connection to DB I get an error.

Thanks i advenance

HanseAtik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanse,

SAP Kermel 4,D EXT 64 BIT is correct, but the wrong thing is that it is not showing Windows, I can see Windows here but if you don´t see it then a contract problem exists or you are not using the correct user to logon to service.sap.com for the installation you are working on.

After you solve this you must copy the R3Trans you download from there to the kernel for 4.6D under usrsapSIDSYSexe un as you already did but if the kernel files you downloaded are not for Windows then it won´t work so that is probably the problem you have, also remember that you should also copy the database Library (dbsl) that you also downloaded from the link I told you to be sure that newer R3Trans for 4.6D will work fine, don't forget to copy also the disp+work you downloaded from the link I gave to you.

Remember something, now you have 2 kernels, one for your 4.6 and one for 6.0, the files you are downloading now are only for 4.6 (usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe), do not copy these files to 6.0 kernel (usr/sap/put/exe).

Of course, with all new files for 4.6 kernel the system should get up and running, if this does not work I´ll suggest to download the whole kernel from the locations already given to you (kernel part 1 and kernel part 2) and try it. The best is to have the lattest 4.6 kernel possible before you start prepare and upgrade because that will let you go through the process with fewer problems.

Good luck,

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

Thanks alot for all this very good explanation.

I have to say it seems as you wrote an extended maintenance problem. I can not see on the link afor windows plattform.

What I have done now and it works is:

I just copied R3trans.exe version 6.18 Release 7.00 date 28.07.08 to usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\run AND to usr\saPUT\exe and I passt the problem with R3trans.

I will do the same with disp+work and TP.

I can not wait for the extended maintenance it takes a long time it its such a problem.

I will see if the rest works and come back to you.

Thanks again

HanseAtik

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

I found a version of disp+work on the production system which I will upgrade too and I copied it to the pilot system and PREPARE passed the error about TP, R3trans and disp+work (for 46D EXT and level 2337),

Do you know any thing about ST-PI? Because now I still have the error number 3 from the list abow:

To be able to use ASU Toolbox your system requires the ST-PI software component with the latest support package level 8. After the upgade is done, the module must be repeated!.

Thanks in advance

HanseAtik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanse, don´t worry, I´ll try to help you as far as I have the knowledge for the problem. If prepare went throught with what you did then try it but I´m not sure if the upgrade process won´t have troubles. During upgrade some export will be done from the database and R3Trans is key on it so lets see what happens.

I´ll wait for your news about the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanse,

Yes, it is necesary to install the ST-PI plug in to be able to do the upgrade. The link to donwload it:

service.sap.com/swdc

Then go to download -> Installation and upgrades -> entry by Application group -> Sap Application Component -> Plug-ins -> Sap Solution tools -> ST-PI -> ST-PI 2005_1_46C

Once there you can see Installation, Delta Upgrade, etc if you already have ST-PI plug in you need to do a delta upgrade, or if you nee to install it you should follow the instructions in note 769623. You will use SAINT to install plug-ins.

After you have the ST-PI installed or upgraded you must download SP´s up to No 8 so go to this link:

service.sap.com/swdc

Then go to download -> Sap Support Packages -> entry by Application group -> Plug-ins -> Sap Solution Tools -> ST-PI -> ST-PI 2005_1_46C

From there download all SP´s and apply them using SPAM.

Good luck,

Edited by: AC on Sep 24, 2008 5:06 PM

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done all that and I am over the error. Now the PREPARE is running. We will see what will come

Thanks alot.

HanseAtik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey that´s good news! I´m about to begin a prepare myself on a new Upgrade project I´m working on.

Good luck

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh thats fine then...

If you want you can send me yor email So we can stay in contact.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanse,

You should not copy new R3Trans and TP files to your actual kernel directory for 4.6 (
usr\sap\SID\SYS\exe\run), the files must be copied to the Upgrade kernel Directory.

When you began with the upgrade process, you have to create a directory to unpack the upgrade files, one of the new directories there is a brand new 6.0 kernel, so this new files must be copied there, the default directory is /usr/sap/put and then you in one directory you will find the kernel, but if you did not used default then you should remember the exact location.

Once you find the upgrade kernel dir then just copy the files there and try to run prepare again so it will pass that precheck phase.

Hope this help,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it is asking for R3trans and TP for the Upgrade directory not for 4.6D Kernel directory, just go to service.sap.com and download the lattest R3trans and TP for your OS/DB combo and it will go on, if at some point after you copied the files it ask again for the files do not stop the prepare, just copy the files and retry.

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

thanks for your reply.

I downloaded R3trans from SAPnet: sapnet /download/Support package and patches/ My compnay appl / SAP Kernel 6.40 64 bit / oracle / win x64bit.

I copied it to usr/sap/SID/SYS..../exe/run and tested it via R3trans -d

And it can not connect to DB. Error message :2EETW169 no connect possible : "connect failed with DBLI_RC_LOAD_LIB_FAILED".

I think R3trans has nothing to do with DB LIB.

Let me know if you have any idea. I do not need to install all Kernel....I need onlt TP, R3trans and disp+work.

Thanks

HanseAtik

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to add I have the following version:

1) R3trans: version 6.05 (release 46D - 30.09.03)

2) tpversion 305.12.76 (release 46D) and it says: for ANY tabase E-TPPARAM could not be opened.

Thanks

HanseAtik

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, I just read guide again,and found this:

-

Tools R3trans and tp

The upgrade may require a certain version for tools R3trans and tp. For the required versions

of these tools, see SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/swdc Download

Support Packages and Patches .

You can also use the SAP kernel programs that are on the SAP Kernel DVD. For more information

about the folders they are stored in, see the CHECKS.LOG file.

-

But if yiu have a better Idea so please go ahead.

HanseAtik

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is to find the new Kernel version. The Current I have is:

- 46D_EXT and

- DB LIB: OCI_920_SHARE

- Support package Nr is: 1674

I found for 32 BIt but not for 64 BIT. I found for 46C_EX2 but this is the wrong one. It dos not work.

If you give the right link that would be great.

Thanks in advance

HanseAtik