cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report edited in Crystal XI won't work on version 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We use some software developed by a 3rd party which makes use of Crystal Reports and I have recently purchased Crystal XI so that I can change the reports myself.

However, the software we have uses Crystal 9 and when I edit a report in Crystal XI and then try and open it in our software, it says that the report can not be found, I'm guessing because of the different versions. Is there anyway I can save the report in Crystal 9 format so that it will work? I've obviously purchased XI now and want to make use of it if I can!

Kind Regards,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 9 version of the 3rd-party software should be able to run the XI report (though new features such as dynamic parameters would degrade to the old behavior). Contact the 3rd-party developer and get their input on what's going on.

As a fallback option, you can open an XI report in Crystal 9 and save a version 9 rpt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I've managed to now get the report to physically open, but it now removes a lot of the data that should be contained on the report.

Basically, I have a report which has a supplier's name and address on it. The change I made to the report was to simply add in an extra field from the database, from the same table as the supplier's details (it was their fax number, which is stored alongside all their other details).

When I open the report now, although it opens, all the details are empty. I don't get any reported errors when adding the field in and it views ok with a print preview within Crystal!

Thanks,

Pete