cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Automated Data Import - Journal and Inventory

somchitra_oun-anuiom
Participant
0 Kudos

In a partucular scenario, my customer wants to be able to import pre-prepared excel files (in a way that SBO understands and accepts) into the sytem.

Additionally, they want either this import to trigger certain inventory deductions (or another batch of similar imports) to create inventory deductions.

The customer runs a trading business, where he sends inventory on a consignment basis. He therefore, will be receiveing all this data from his staff from separate (sale) sites.

My approach has so far been to show this by means of creating user friendly excel templates and using DTW to import all the data.

Is there a better way to do this ? Or, the other solution is to write a SDK solution to conduct on-click import operations ?

All ideas will be highly appreciated.

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Somchitra Oun-anuiom

DTW as you might be aware can be scheduled to run at a certain time.

Using the DTW templates and asking the customer to fill the same if by far the most recommended approach.

If the client is not agreeable, then they could use their excel and you could use a Transform table to map the Excel field names to SAP fields.

When you use the oInventoryGenEntry and oInventoryGenExit template for importing Receipts or Issues, automatically Inventory postings will be created and JE posted.

Let me know

Suda

somchitra_oun-anuiom
Participant
0 Kudos

Suda,

The oInventoryGenExit template will work specifically for which transaction ?

- Inventory Transfer or Goods Issue ?

Cheers.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goods Issue

somchitra_oun-anuiom
Participant
0 Kudos

Suda,

You mention ..

"DTW as you might be aware can be scheduled to run at a certain time. "

I am not aware how to achieve this. Can you please guide ?

Cheers.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please take a look at the SAP and the member posted thread

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/899412