why pricing procedure is maintained in MM please give some examples and steps?
The primary job of a pricing procedure is to define a group of condition types in a particular sequence. The pricing procedure also determines:
Which sub-totals appear during pricing
To what extent pricing can be processed manually
Which method the system uses to calculate percentage discounts and surcharges
Which requirements for a particular condition type must be fulfilled before the system takes the condition into account
The term pricing is used broadly to describe the calculation of prices (for external use by customers or vendors) and costs (for internal purposes, such as cost accounting). Conditions represent a set of circumstances that apply when a price is calculated.
The condition technique refers to the method by which the system determines prices from information stored in condition records.
In MM module, pricing procedure is used during RFQ and PO creation. Total value of material based on all addition and subtraction like discount, surcharge, tax, freight, etc. In this we are defining pricing procedure and linking to vendor and purchase department through the virtual schemas.
Following steps for pricing procedure as,
1. Define conditions.
2. Define pricing procedure.
3. Define virtual purchase organization and vendor.
4. Info Record.
Customization for Pricing Procedure :
1. Definition of Conditions :
-condition typeu2026condition types- definition (define for basic price, net price, discount, surcharge, tax etc.)
2. Defining pricing procedure :
- calculation schema-calculation schemasu2014New entries (Define procedure and put the conditions like formula so that final price will be net price / total value as per company requirement)
3. Linking pricing procedure to independent condition types.
-condition typeu2026condition types- definition for position for defined conditions (Enter the defined pricing procedure in the each independent conditions u201CPricing Procedureu201D box)
4. Defining Schema group for Vendor :
- calculation schema-schema groupsu2014vendoru2014New Entries.
5. Defining Schema group for Purchase Organization--- New entries.
- calculation schema- schema groups---- purchasing organization--- new entries.
6. Linking Virtual Purchase Organization to actual Purchase Organization.
- calculation schema- schema groups----- Assign P.Org. (in actual P.Org, enter virtual P.Org)
7. Linking Pricing procedure to virtual P.Org and virtual vendor :
- calculation schema- Determine Schema--- -Standard --- New entries (Enter virtual schema and P.Org. along with pricing procedure)
8. Linking virtual vendor to actual vendor-- /NXK02 then enter schema group vendor in Purchasing Data )
9. Info Records (/NME11)---- click on u201CPurch. Org. data1u201D and enter condition types and pricing procedure
What are the steps in pricing determination in MM? Condition, Access sequence and schema.
In the SAP MM Pricing is more important. Just yesterday I have completed the Pricing as I am doing the SAPMM now. I can give some light on this Topic, not 100%. After 2 days definitely some more I can share.
The Basic thing is Condition Technique. In which there are
1. Access Sequence 2. Condition Record 3. Condition Type 4. Condition Table.
A Access Sequence access a Condition Record of a Condition Type in a Condition Table is a Condition Technique.This is a simple logic
Here the Condition Type is very important like PB00, PBXX,RA01 etc.
In the background every Condition Type has its own defition means the purpose of the Condition Type like, is it for Pricing or Percentage, Quntity base, Accrual Feilds etc is to be defined to work this functions.
Normally we use the existing ones without any risk. But some cases, we have to Create a New Condition Types as per the organisation requirement.
The Pricing Schema is useful to minimise condition types while mention prices for Vendor on the basis of Pricing Schema which we defined according to organisation requirement.
The Pricing Schema means the calculations procedure of Condition Type.
Ex. RA01 - Discoount % is caclulated on PB00 - Gross Price means
RA01 is based on PB00 like that we have to define in the Pricing Schema
which makes easy to use in realtime.
Here PB00 has the Access Sequence - 0002.
But RA01 does not have the Access Sequence.Why because it is a dependent on PB00. But both are Condition Types.
In the system, by default some standard Scheme will be there at Vendor Schema Group in the Vendor Master Screen means the standard one is assigned which is very lengthy which may fullfil our requirement. But some cases which may not fullfil our requirement, in such we have to define.
For the configuration, I may not able to explain properly through here but will give some Idea.
Configuration: SPRO-IMG-Material Management- Purchasing- Conditions-Define Price Deternmination Process
1. Define Access Sequence
2. Define Condition Type
3. Defince Calculation Schema:- Here you have to define the Schema
Define Schema group
1. Define Schema Group vendor
2. Define Pricing Schema group
3. Schema group for Purchase Organisation
4. Assign Schema group to Purchase Organisation
Define Schema determination
1.define calculation schema for Standard purchase organisation
After completion of the Schema Group, we have to assign it to Vendors.
Then whenever we use any transaction with this Vendor, the concerned Schema will work as configured by us.
I think this will help you. Actually the Pricing is a vast. Becuase each Condition have its own importance and each Access Sequence have its own importance. So you need not bother about this. First you learn how to define the Calculation Schema through the above.
Here we can create many Calculation Schemas which can assign one schema to Local vendors
another schema to out side vendor one more schema to foreign vendors like that we can classify.
Definitely it will help you something.
Thanks & Regards,