cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enh Pack 3 support package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running in ECC 6.0 system and planning to apply Enh pack 3. Main SAP components that are running in our system is MM,FI,PP and HR. I seen all the threads in the forum and they ask to apply only the required enh pack 3, but if I apply all the enh pack 3 components like HR,FI,OIL& gas, Retails etc., whether the system will be in trouble? or I can proceed with all components?

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

Technically it is possible to install the complete enhancement package, or parts of it. This does not give you an extra "trouble".

However, from the "cost" perspective it is highly recommended to install the needed part only

- You would need to invest additional work, which has no benefit (i.e. you need do a modification adjustment for the complete scope, instead of a partial scope)

- When installing future enhancement packages, it is not possible to mix software component versions from different enhancement packages, so that you would need to update in future more systems than you would need by installing the requred parts only...

- It is not possible to uninstall enhancement packages, or to deactivate Business Functions which were activated.

From the benefits perspective you do not earn much if you install it completely (the only steps you would save is the step, where the LOBs define which Business Functions they want).

Overall, it is simple to install the needed parts of an enhancement package. Just select the Business Functions, install the techncial usages/ software components for these Business Functions, etc and acivate them.

For details see the Master Guide from service.sap.com/erp-inst (see the table "installation sequence"), or see the "Must Know" from the enhancement package information center service.sap.com/erp-ehp.

HTH

Andreas R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrea. Its really helpful

Answers (0)