Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Material availability checking & commitment

Dear experts,

we have defined in material availability checking rule for our system such that it will check the availability during saving the order & the component check type as ATP. i haven't check the check box for 'no check'.

Now my system is working fine while creating the order i e it get committed to the available material.

But it is not working for the below scenario.

Material 'x'

available stock '0'

previous reservation exists for 1 qty ( till now not withdrawn)

committed for current reservation '0' ( till here it is working fine)

Now,

I will delete the previous reservation 1 qty & then the material will go to the unrestricted use. i e it is available for the issue. Now in my current order if i check material availability check (by pressing the symbol) it will commit that one quantity to my order.

Now my requirement is, it should commit automatically to the current reservation( without pressing the symbol) & it should get displayed in the general data screen of the component.

coz whether it is committed or not MIGO will issue the material. in my case we have one z program which checks the reqd & committed quantity & based on that it will create the PR for the balance quantity.

here, in many orders it is showing committed qnty is zero but withdrawn qnty is more than that, with final issue indicator.

So, experts, please help me to overcome this problem.

Thanks & Best regards,

Praveen

Former Member
Former Member replied

Dear Praveen,

You have explained your scenarion but what do you want. I feel you want that for the second material should be commited automatically and PR should not be created because you have deleted material from first order.

If this your question then if your first order is of no use now set it TECO so open reservation number will become ineffective.

After that what I feel system will allow you to withdraw material and if your program is not supporting then ask abaper to modify it if reservation is set for deletion then it should not restrict me from commitment.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question