cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP Configuration for Portals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a NW7 system comprising of ABAP+J2EE engine. Currently the data provider for my user management is the ABAP system BUT now I wish to implement LDAP via active directory. I have a few questions:

(1) To configure LDAP for the above scenario (i.e. ABAP+J2EE) do I change the data provider on the J2EE from ABAP to LDAP. If so then what happens to the user management on the ABAP side?

(2) Do I leave the J2EE data source as ABAP and configure LDAP for ABAP system (how is this achieved and the config)

(3) Regarding the configuration for LDAP (initial setup), do I have to run the setup for LDAP using sapinst or can I simply use the config tool and change the config there.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For ABAP+JAVA engine, the UME for J2EE engine is ABAP by default and you cannot change it. Refer to SAP Note 718383.

You have to make LDAP as datasource for your ABAP engine.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasish,

Regarding your comments and after reading the notes, it is correct to assume that you can then change the data source from ABAP to LDAP on the J2EE side.

What I still dont understand is with your statement...are you suggesting that you have to also change the UME configuration on the JAVA side to change the data source from ABAP to LDAP.

OR

Leave the datasource on java side to be ABAP but configure the ABAP engine to for LDAP configuration.

Any links regarding making the ABAP system for LDAP configuration would be appreciated.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered.