SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code to Upload Device Category and Register Groups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one help in developing the code to upload Register Groups and Device Category in ISU as they are not available in the standard Emigall application. Also if you can share a code relevant to this, then it would really grateful of you as I have no clue whatsoever.

Also what to do in cases where there are no objects in Emigall application such as the one's mentioned above. Can you suggest any better alternatives as performance is a major consideration in these cases.

You can write to me at karanchopra(dot)kc(at)gmail.com.

Thanks in advance,

Karan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Migration Object in EMIGALL for Device Category:

-

DEVCAT

Register groups are usually less in number.Try to search the funtion module with EZWG st SE37

Rgds,

Narendar Konakanchi

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Migration Object in EMIGALL for Device Category:

-

DEVCAT

Register groups are usually less in number.Try to search the funtion module with EZWG st SE37

Rgds,

Narendar Konakanchi

0 Kudos

Hi,

DEVCAT is not there in Emigall, therefore I need to come up with a custom code. It would be helpful if I can get anything related to the object. Also can u you suggest any function modules?

Thanks,

Karan

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

I think this has been not requested before ... therefore unfortunatly - there are no migraion objects as you requested. BUT, you could give it a try via Batch Input or create the data ECATT - should be better than manipulation data base entries directly.

KR

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

TX EMIG_SAP_DEVCAT

Migration object DEVCAT

The DEVCAT migration object covers the data required for creating IS-U device categories with the basic category meter and division category electricity.

This data contains the data of the SAP Utilities device category and not the data of the materials from Materials Management (MM) on which the device category is based.

DEVCAT is a BDC object and serves as an explanatory aid.

Notes

Note the following restrictions:

The transaction described here corresponds to the creation of a device category with the basic category meter and division category electricity only.

For all other basic and division categories you must create your own objects. To do this you must have created a material with the same name as the required categories. Note that during this process, materials cannot be created in the background.

Dependencies

The migration of device categories is independent of other migration objects.

Commit Buffering

Do not activate commit buffering for this migration object.

Database table(s)

The following database tables are written during the import:

ETYP

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please explain me what is a BDC Object? Also the SAP environment I am working with does not have Device Category as a standard object in Emigall Application.

Do you have any code related to the same?

Thanks,

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is BDC?

Batch Data Communication or BDC is a batch interfacing technique that SAP developed. It is mainly used for uploading data into the SAP R/3 system. BDC works by simulating the user input from transactional screen via an ABAP program.

The data input data file will come in the form of a flat file which the user save as file type txt file or prn file from the Microsoft Excel program. An Abaper will create a program to read the text file and upload into the SAP system.

Normally, the tcode SHDB will be used to record the transaction code the user used. After, the simulation, the Abaper can generate a sample program and modify from there. It makes the programming easier and faster.