cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Batch creation in production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I want to create the batch number manually in the production order.So that's what i have deactivated the automatic batch creation in the batch management configuration.So when i create the production order system is not creating the batch number automatically.Upto this its fine.

But my requirement that since system is not creating the batch number automatically,and if i don't give the batch number manually in production order than also system allows me to save the production order.I want that unless i give the batch number manually in production order, system should not allow me to save(or create) the production order.

How to do this?Plz share your knowledge.

Thanking you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am closing the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Chauhan, did you find out how to do it?

I have the same problem, can you tell me what have you done?

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this you can do the setting in OPJK - Define checking control,for you plant & order type in business function release i.e. 2 .

Here in Batch assignment - release material - use indicator 3 i.e. No release if batches are missing.

This will ensure that no release takes place if Batches are missing.

Thus if order is not released , it will not be saved.

Regards,

Feby

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, did you find out how to do it?

I have the same problem, can you tell me what have you done?

Thanks!!

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JItendra,

This can be handle by settings made in Production scheduling profile.

Go to T.code OPKP/

Select plant and profile and in Batch Management select no Automatic Batch Creation in production order / Process order.

After doing above setting system will not generate Batch number automatically.Means either

- You have to create batch number manually in production order / process order

or

- System will generate (Internal Batch Numbering) Batch number automatically at the time of GR or you have to give Batch number (External Batch Numbering) at the time of GR.

Regards,

Dhaval

Note : -

You have close so many threads without awarding point.Refer this thread,

[Make a difference - Award points|/thread/1040775 [original link is broken];

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.As our friend communicated, you need to do the setting in SPRO fo Production scheduling profile in OPKP transaction

2. In addition to the above enter the production scheduler in material master Work scheduling view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can control this by two ways;

- Check the settings of Production schd. Profile settings used for the material code for which creating

the Production order.Go to SPRO & check the PSP settings used for Batch.Whether its activated and Batch creation at the time or Order creation/ Release. since, you have deactivated internal no. assignment,so during saving system will throw an error related to Batch management.

- Also, you can look for some User exit,which will check the Batch assignment during the time of Order creation or release.