Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic BDC execution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have got a peculiar requirment. My client will be getting the records into EXCEL sheet through automatic data transfers machines. We wrote BDC for updateing those EXCEL records into SAP we gave a Txcode for our BDC program and when he executes the latest EXCEL records will be updateing when enduser gives the path of the EXCEL sheet.

Now the client is asking for automatic updation of records i.e after he gets the records into his EXCEL sheet with out his step of uploading he wants that EXCEL records to be update into SAP.

Can this requirment be fullfilled if yes help me to achieve this.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you know the tentative time of the EXCEL sheet being created you can have a couple of periodic jobs that will be executed during this time. Once a particular job uploads the data the program needs to rename the EXCEL (if you dont want to change the existing program you can have one more program attached to the job) sheet or can delete so that the other program will not use this file again.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

close