cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "A Required Resource Was" when multi-subreports??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I often got an error message "A Required Resource Was". And then some icon/tabs on tool bar are blackout. Then I need to close Crystal Report, and re-open it. I did this several times a day now !!

I guess it's because multi-subreports designed in the Crystal report caused the resource or memory insufficient !!?? Anyone has such a problem?

~Michelle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

Are you using reporting against the Universe as a Datasource? Also what is the version of the CR designer that you are using?

In Crystal Reports (CR) XI, when a report is created against a Universe large than 2 MB, CR either terminates or the following error message appears: "A resource is required"

I

hope this helps you.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Prashant,

Not Universe.

Our Crystal Report version is 2008. I guess we need sufficient memory to run the report, because the report running is slower than SAP function.

~Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any suggestion to hardware environment when we running SAP plus Crystal Report?

I'd like to know the better or minimum hardware spec for memory & hard disk for client PC and server. Because our system is running slower month by month.

Also any data archive/purge we need to do periodically?

Very appreicate for anyone to help on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Close for no answering.