cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to present a preselected group of company codes on the selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus, can you please help me?

We are working with BW 3.5 and I have a challenge. I have created a query for our controlling department. At first only 1 group of controllers worked with BW. These controllers are interested in company 1,2 and 5 (Carpet) out of 5 company codes. So I restricted the query to those company codes.

Now a new group of controllers, interested in company code 3 and 4 (Sport), also want to use the same query.

I can let them choose the company codes by using an interval on the selection screen, only in reality we have 16 company codes. So I would rather present a preselection on the selection screen. That way the controller only has to choose between Carpet or Sport. How can I achieve that best?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your case i should consider creating a user exit together with the use of a variable which can have multiple values.

If it is possible to automatically connect the default company codes to your different controllers this does make sense.

Take a look at for example these links:

Success.

Marco

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Lamers,

Thanks for your quick response. I should have mentioned that I was looking for a solution without creating the user-exit, since our ABAP progammer has left the company.

Hello Mr. Manavoglu,

This is the type of thing I was looking for, however we do not have a CRM system in place. Is there information about "Generic Variant Definition" somewhere with respect to BW 3.5 ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need to have a CRM system to create a variant.You can do the same with BW.Make a search in SDN.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do not create variants for your query ? You can create two different variants based on company codes and user groups can select their variant in the selection screen and then see the results of company codes that they are interested in.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/e3/85e256de6e11d5994700508b6b8b11/content.htm

Regards.