cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting local Workflows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I have a doubt about transporting local WF's to QA environment. We're trying to transport a WF with some local WF's and we're having some problems with this. Is there a special consideration working with local WF's or is there the same procedure a a single one?.

Regards IA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Nothing special about local WFs. It may help if you told us what the problems are.

Cheers,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike

The problem we're having is with a WF that works perfectly on Development, but when we do the transport to QA, when we attempt to peon it it displays an error message saying: "OBJECTS_OBJREF_NOT_ASSIGNED_NO". It says that i'm trying to access a null object reference. We don't know why is this happening.

Regards IA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IA,

Check few points after you transport.

1. run transaction SWU_OBUF.

2. make the agents assignment of all the forground tasks(those are not background) as general tasks.

3. if you have any status management then maintain that too.

Thanks,

Padman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Padman

You mean that I have to run that transaction after the transport in the QA environment?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miranda,

yeah, run SWU_OBUF in the QA and refresh it.

Also maintain all the foreground task as general task. you can do this by opening all the foreground task in PFTC then click on menu item 'Additional Data' ->Agent Assignment->Maintain then select the task and click on attributes button and select the radio button 'General Task'. Dont forget to generate the agent assignment after this.

Thanks,

Padman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Padman

I've done all this, but I cannot perform the agent assignment because all the tasks are set as general and SAP is not allowing me to do so. =/

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What precisely do you mean by "attempt to open it"? Are you trying to open the log for a workflow or trying to open it in the workflow builder?

The message indicates a problem with your objects, hence I'm wondering if you're actually trying to look at the log. Also have a look at all your custom objects that the workflow users and generate them in your QA system.

Hope that helps,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mike

With that i mean to open the WF builder, there is when the error occurs. The only custom objects i have in DEV version are the variables, but i assume that all them were transported with the WF definition.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

for making the task a general task, go to PFTC and open your all custom developed standard task and follow the instructions i said earlier.

You can find the following link useful for your kind of problem.

Thanks

Padman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used PFTC in QA and found something strange: the WF container in QA is empty!, but if I use PFTC in DEV, the container shows all ther variables i've created. Do I have to transport 'em on a separate order or this is done automatically when I transport the WF definition?.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Container elements in the WF gets transported with the WF definition. May be in this case someone saved the container elements in a separate transport request and forgot to transport to QA. Now you can create it manually in QA if you have the permission to change or create a separate transport request and save all the container elements of the WF and retransport it again to QA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done Padman, I've performed what you've said and now the problem is fixed!. Thanks a lot to you and Mike for the support.

Armando Miranda

Answers (0)