Importing GL Opening balances!
Is there a way to import Business Partner (BP) opening balances in SAP B1 from a text or an excel file?
We have over 2000 customers as business partners, and do not want to go through the laborious process of typing them in SAP B1.
Any add-on or any DTW template available??
Jimmy Michael replied
there are 3 ways to import opneing balance i.e.:
1. Using G/L account opening balace funtionality in B1
2. Using DTW addo (SBO standard addon)
3. Using SDK code but it is not usual to use, I mean it is never used because no. 1 and 3 are fully complete.
Here are the procedure for no.1 :
In the SAP Business One main menu, choose Administration ® System Initialization ® Opening Balances ® G/L Opening Balances.
The G/L Opening Balances u2013Selection Criteria window appears.
2. Set the required G/L account range, and then, choose OK.
The G/L Opening Balance window appears.
3. If the fiscal year does not start on January 1st, change the Date to the required date. Enter offsetting G/L account in the windowu2019s header, and fill in the relevant details.
4. Enter opening balances in the local currency in column OB (LC) only if data is to be entered in the local currency.
If the system currency is different from the local currency, the system automatically calculates the opening balances in the system currency and displays the values in column OB (SC).
5. Enter the opening balance in the foreign currency. If a foreign currency has been defined for an account, the OB (FC) field is also active. The system then automatically calculates the amounts in the local and system currencies, using the valid exchange rate on the value date. Overwrite the calculated values if necessary.
6. Enter the value without a plus sign if the balance is in credit. If the balance is in debit, insert a minus sign in front of the value.
7. Choose Add when all the opening balances have been updated.
An opening balance for a multi currency account can be entered only in local currency
SAP Business One creates the opening balance transactions for the accounts updated in the G/L Accounts Opening Balances window. The original type assigned to these transactions is OB.
for no. 2, you can have the template from this folder where it is able to install in server PC or user PC:
C:Program FilesSAPData Transfer WorkbenchTemplatesTemplates
This section describes the required steps to import data from a legacy system into SAP Business One.
To perform the data migration from a legacy system to SAP Business One, you must perform the following tasks:
· Preparing the source data
· Importing the data into SAP Business One
· Checking the results of the import
The Data Transfer Workbench provides data file templates. You can use these templates to fill in your own data and to test the Data Transfer Workbench and to familiarize yourself with its functions.
let me know if you need the template sample. I can send you but after 3 hours because I will have church service in one hour later.